The Railway Training Institute (WI) was established in 1956 as an implant school for Railways and Harbors in the East African Region. The school is currently registered as a Technical Training Institute under Education Act Cap 211 to offer diploma and certificate courses In Engineering and Business studies in addition to Rail and Marine training.
Chef Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning the menu.
- Coordinating production of planned menu.
- Organizing the kitchens’ brigade to prepare and dispense food.
- Supervising the receipt of raw materials to the kitchens.
- Ensuring cleanliness of the kitchens.
- Training and assisting cooks on new uncommon menus.
- Making cost returns for the kitchens.
- Ensuring proper use of equipment’s in the kitchens.
- Collating comments and complaints collected from members and acting on the same.
- Any other lawful duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications for the Chef Job
- Bachelors degree in Nutrition or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Certificate in Food and Beverage production or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Served in the grade of Head Cook in the Institute or a comparable position with similar responsibilities in like organizations for a minimum period of three (3) years.
- Demonstrated outstanding capability in supervisory skills.
- Ability to work well within a team while taking responsibility for the same team.
- Ability to take initiative and work well with minimal supervision