The Railway Training Institute (WI) was established in 1956 as an implant school for Railways and Harbors in the East African Region. The school is currently registered as a Technical Training Institute under Education Act Cap 211 to offer diploma and certificate courses In Engineering and Business studies in addition to Rail and Marine training.
Librarian Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, implementing and enhancing library automation projects and services.
- Maintaining library collections of books, serial publications, documents, audiovisual, and other materials, and assists groups and individuals in locating and obtaining materials
- Serves as liaison for library services with clients and other libraries.
- Furnishing information on library activities, facilities, rules, and services.
- Examining book reviews, publishers’ catalogs, and other information sources to recommend material acquisition.
Qualifications for the Librarian Job
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in library or information studies from a recognized institution.
- Satisfactorily served in a similar position in a comparable institution for a minimum period of three (3) years.
- Demonstrated ability to convene and teach classes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills.