The SAN Certification Administration Coordinator will ensure the timely and professional implementation of all SAN RA-Cert Africa auditing processes in its service region. S/he will also provide general support in all Agriculture certification related activities and other services offered by Rainforest Alliance in the region. In close coordination with team members, s/he will promote the certification program by cultivating new and existing relationships with farmers and companies. S/he will assist their supervisor in the implementation of the whole audit administration process, providing support to clients, certification database management, review and approval of Rainforest Alliance trademarks for her/his assigned portfolio.
- Provide up-to-date and informative certification related information to interested parties;
- Provide certification administration services support for activities related to Agriculture and other verification services in the region, including the preparation of services proposals, and the job execution;
- Act as the point of contact for RA-Cert Africa staff and clients on administrative issues relating to the Salesforce database;
- Maintain Rainforest Alliance’s audit management database with timely entry of audit milestones and required documentation;
- Provide customer service for the region, including, but is limited to, providing general information of Rainforest Alliance services, guidance documents related to certification processes, and the guidelines for the Rainforest Alliance logos and seals;
- Providing current information to auditors of the region related to policies, standards, procedures, formats, etc. in a timely manner;
- Oversee the application and swift execution of all agriculture audits services in RA-Cert Africa service region;
- Define and coordinate audit logistics, including auditor selection and contracting;
- Gather audit reports to ensure prompt review and distribution;
- Ensure payment of the auditors;
- Ensure compliance and adherence to the quality systems as required by Sustainable Farm Certification, Intl.;
- Coordinate with RA-Cert team members to achieve cross program efficiencies in Rainforest Alliance audit management and customer service;
- Manage RA-Cert Africa certification database for all certification, verification and validation services in line with RA-Cert certification administration requirements for SAN and related schemes,
- Monitor and maintain the status of the certificate client portfolio (activations, suspensions, terminations, changes in scope, updating customer data, uploading clients approved volume information in the database etc.);
- Receive, process and file electronic forms and other information related to certification services;
- Coordinate with SAN and the regional quality points of contact to ensure quality and validity of official documents and support the global publication of such documents for RA-Cert;
- Support in the organization and preparation of training materials and PowerPoint presentations for training courses, workshops, meetings and other events;
- Support local office administration; including coordination of lease renewal; processing invoices; managing post and general facilities management; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in a related field;,
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience preferably in database management, office administration or related areas;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook with a demonstrated experience in accounting software and working knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Experience with issuing and controlling certification documentation; Experience with the issuance, control and documentation system encoding; Experience in the review and approval of RAC use of seal in Agriculture; Knowledge and performance in systems such as Salesforce, Marketplace, RA files, SharePoint; Knowledge Documentation of a Quality System (ISO 9001);
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills;
- Written and verbal proficiency in English and French preferred;
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner. Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals. Initiative, self-motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented, dependability, strong attention to detail; and
- Knowledge of, and commitment to environmental issues and sustainability practices.
Commensurate with experience.
We believe that all employees, regardless of location or title, should have access to benefits. We strive to provide programs that provide the following:
- Health/medical coverage for staff and family
- Retirement savings plans;
- Paid time off for holidays/vacations, illness, and personal needs;
- Assistance for adverse situations that might arise while on business travel; and
- Insurance for unfortunate circumstances.
Benefits vary, depending on location. Please talk to your recruiter during your interview about specific benefits for your location.
Only candidates authorized to work in Kenya will be considered.
How to Apply
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Rainforest Alliance, P.O Box 30677-00100, Nairobi-Kenya. Email: email@example.com. If emailing, use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for