REACH was born in 2010 as a joint initiative of two International NGOs (IMPACT Initiatives and ACTED) and the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) Operational Satellite Applications Programme (UNOSAT).
REACH’s purpose is to promote and facilitate the development of information products that enhance the humanitarian community’s decision making and planning capacity for emergency, reconstruction and development contexts, supporting and working within the framework of the humanitarian reform process.
REACH Logistics Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Set up a Proper/regular communication with FLAT team in Nairobi, Mogadishu and across REACH and ACTED field offices;
- Gather the documents needed for projects FLAT folders: link with base Logistics for the delivery of documents, with base programming for the distribution of documents, and with base finance for the settlement of contracts;
- Focal point for REACH finance, logistics and administration, including in-country procurement
- Keep the FLAT folders updated, and ensure that information on contracts is shared with FLAT team;
- Respect ACTED standard FLAT folder system;
- Arranged and duplicate FLAT folders and send to ACTED capital office on regular basis;
- Check the consistency between national project’s implementation and administrative documentation;
- Ensure that the relevant administrative documentation is completed throughout the implementation of projects;
- Prepare requested documentation and reports for the preparation of internal or external audits;
- Internal audit (based on Coordination approval)
- Audit and assess the FLAT system, procedures and mechanism in ACTED/ REACH Somalia bases monthly;
- Make sure ACTED standard FLAT system is implemented in relevant departments in all bases;
- Prepare recommendations in the case of irregularities or weaknesses;
- Ensure that the recommendations are followed;
- Prepare a Monthly Audit/FLAT report to Audit Department/HQ Audit team;
Requirements for the REACH Logistics Assistant Job
- Bachelor Degree in Purchasing Supply Management or Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS, UK) or higher national diploma in store, logistics management or equivalent.
- At least 2 years relevant experience in procurement and logistics management in INGOs.
- Computer literate and with excellent IT Knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels,
- Strong people management and leadership skills;
- Experience and willingness to travel to Somalia
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in logistics and or financial administration.
- Ability to manage varied workloads, and deal constructively with stress and working long hours.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
- Fluent in Somali language, fluency in written and spoken English an advantage
How to Apply
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae detailing three work related referees and contacts to [email protected] and received on or before 5.00PM on 19th June 2017.
Please indicate clearly the position you are applying for.
For more information, please visit (www.impact-initiatives.org)
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. If you receive any email/calls in relation to ACTED’s recruitment and you are unsure about its validity or origin, please contact us on [email protected]
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.