Cytonn Real Estate is one of the leading real estate developers in the region with over Kshs. 50 billion of projects under mandate.
We are seeking highly motivated, self-directed, team players to fill the position of Real Estate Research Associate. The position will afford successful individuals a unique opportunity to participate in both a strong incentive structure and equity ownership plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Conducting real estate market research to provide senior management with current information regarding sales trends, property values/prices, consumer demographics, occupancy rates, market gaps and opportunities in the sector and other information that may be required;
2. Compiling the research reports and providing the relevant analysis to aid in investment decision making process and to support the real estate department and its functions;
3. Assisting in site identification and acquisition processes based on set parameters and location matrix;
4. Assisting with the development of marketing strategies and budgets for real estate projects;
5. Negotiation of lease, amendment, license and other agreements with property owners and service providers;
6. Assisting prospective clients and accompanying them to site, discussing conditions of sale, and drawing up real estate contracts;
7. Promoting sales of properties through advertisements and participation in listing services, either directly or via agents;
8. Survey assigned facilities based on established grading programs, as well as execution of all maintenance activities with portfolio holdings including repairs to maintain the facility;
9. Assist in carrying out property and facilities management for all Cytonn’s property portfolios;
10. Undertaking property valuation during the entire value chain of Real estate developments and for external clients as may be called upon from time to time;
11. Performing other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate or equivalent from a related field is required; and a minimum of B+ in KCSE, or equivalent
• At least 2 years’ experience in real estate services sector.
• Strong analytic skills, including the ability to independently conduct real estate market research, valuations and financial analysis
• Experience in deal origination, real estate research and site acquisition will be an added advantage
• Demonstrated ability to cultivate and manage productive relationships with development team members, public officials, funders and lenders, other staff, and the community
• Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
• Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others
• Strong problem solving skills, with a bias to a sense of urgency
• Creativity, entrepreneurial skills, and a self-driven attitude towards work
• Ability to work in a team in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to express ideas clearly, verbally and in writing
• Strong computer skills, including high level of proficiency in MS Excel, Power Point, and Word
• Membership to a relevant professional bod will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you feel that you possess the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this job, please visit the Careers page on www.cytonn.com/careers and upload your application letter and current CV by end of day on the 11th of March 2016.