Duma works is recruiting a Receptionist / Company Secretary for one of our client; a leading provider of quality paper bags in Kenya.
Brief Description: The Secretary to the Directors will be responsible for providing personal administrative support through conducting and organizing administrative and clerical duties in order to ensure efficiency and effectiveness within the office set up.
- Takes messages, answer queries, screen telephone calls and visitors and places calls.
- Attend meetings to record minutes.
- Conduct research, compile data, prepares papers for considerations and presentations by executives, committees and board of directors.
- File and retrieves corporate documents, records and reports.
- Welcomes visitors and determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
- Makes travel arrangements for executives.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondences, including faxes and mails.
- Performs general office duties, such as ordering supplies, maintaining records, and performing basic book keeping work.
- Prepares invoices, reports, memos, letters, notices, and other documents using word processing , spread sheet, data base or presentation software.
- Reads and Analyses incoming submissions and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A diploma in a related field of study or equivalent.
- Excellent skill in handling phone calls and messages.
- 2 – 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Competent in computer applications, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access etc.
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying and to actively look for ways to help them.
- Ability to adjust actions in relation to other’s actions.
- Ability to manage their personal time and that of others.
How to Apply
Cover Letter describing your interest and detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “2605”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2605 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 22nd February 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.