Job Title: Receptionist
Organization: Three Star Hotel
Duty Station: Uganda
Reliable Corporate Solutions (RCS) is a performance enhancement firm known for people and organization development. We specialize in developing and strengthening organization systems through research and information interpretation, behavioral and attitude change, Staff training, Recruitment, and R & D. They would like to recruit for a valuable client, a Three Star Hotel in Mbale.
Job Summary: The Receptionist will cordially welcome and check in guests. The incumbner will also verify guests’ registration information, payment plan, duration of stay etc. He / she will also be responsible for responding to customer inquiries and complaints among other duties.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Warmly welcome guests and patrons as they arrive
• Ask if guests have a prior booking
• Oversees the registration process
• The Receptionist will ask for identification and ensure that the provided credentials are accurate
• Manage all guest check-ins and check-outs appropriately
• The incumbent will also operate hotel switchboard, take calls and provide information and transfer calls
• Manage accurate accounting of all rooms
• Offer guests with room keys and call for bellboys
• The incumbent will take reservations over the telephone, through emails and in person
• Cordially answer queries regarding the hotel’s services, charges, dining facilities, sports facilities and travel directions
• Refer guests to appropriate departments to resolve complaints or provide suggestions
• The incumbent will compute bills and take payments
• Provide guests with directions around the hotel
• Contact housekeeping and maintenance departments when a problem is reported
• Explain appropriate use of keys and ensure that guests are satisfied with the rooms allotted to them
• Balance cash at the end of the shift and generate accounting reports for the benefit of the next shift.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate for the Receptionist vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in the disciplines of Leisure, Hospitality and Tourism.
• At least five years of Hotel experience is required.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to apply should send their CVs via Email to; [email protected]
Deadline: 20th August, 2015