Job Profile: As a receptionist you will be the first point of contact for the company and you will provide administrative support across the organization.
You will handle the flow of people through the business and ensure that all receptionist responsibilities are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
The responsibilities listed below represent some, but not necessarily all, of the responsibilities of the receptionist:
- Serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately
- Answer, screen and forward any incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed
- Receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers
- Maintain security by following procedures and controlling access (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges)
- Update appointment calendars and schedule meetings/appointments
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, collating, faxing etc.
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
- Maintains log in of staff. telephone calls, cheques and suppliers
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Answers telephones and directs the caller to the appropriate associate. Will transfer a caller to an associate’s voice mailbox when the associate is unavailable.
- Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website and other related information.
- Receives sorts and forwards incoming mail. Maintains and routes publications.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services and other services
- Assists in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies.
- Assists with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating.-
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The competencies listed below represent some of the key behaviours that the client looks for in a receptionist: Telephone Skills, Verbal Communication, Microsoft Office Skills, Listening, Professionalism, Customer Focus, Organization, Informing Others, Handles Pressure, Phone Skills, Supply Management
- Proven working experience in similar roles
- Proficient with Microsoft Office / Microsoft Excel
- Professional appearance
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
- Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize and work under pressure
- Diploma in any business course
- One year experience
Location: The role holder will be based in Nairobi
Compensation: A competitive compensation will be negotiated with the right candidate, commensurate with experience and skills. Please state current and salary expectations in your application.
Availability: State availability (notice period) in your application letter.
Deadline: Interested parties should send heir online applications on or before 11th April 2016
How to Apply