Receptionist Jobs at Corat Africa
CORAT Africa is a Pan African Christian Organization based in Nairobi. It is involved in provision of Leadership Development, Management Training, Consultancy and Research services to Churches and Church related organizations in Africa.
It has a Management and Development Centre in Karen offering Accommodation and Conference facilities. We seek to recruit highly motivated staff for the following positions for this Centre
Main Purpose of the Job
The position performs reception duties. The position holder must have excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and customer care skills, with an ability to communicate fluently, accurately and clearly across all levels of the organization.
She/ he must be clean, presentable and always adhere to CORAT’s dress code.
Receptionist Job Key Responsibilities
- Operate telephone switchboard by clearly answering all calls and transferring the calls appropriately.
- Manage the reception.
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness in the office.
- Manage all the incoming and outgoing calls, receive all messages and ensure that they are promptly delivered to respective staff.
- Maintain a registry of all incoming and outgoing calls.
- Welcoming guests and responding to enquiries.
- Greet visitors, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations or direct them to the appropriate staff.
- Type documents, reports and correspondence as and when required.
- Maintain a clear flow of communication within and among clients.
- Keep track of all the staff members who have to go to clients just in case there is need to communicate with them during that period.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
- Keep alert on security issues.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by your supervisor
Qualifications for the Receptionist Job
- Bachelors degree in Secretarial studies or Front Office Management
- Diploma in Secretarial studies or Front office Management is an added advantage.
- Knowledge and skills
- Good communication and public relations skills.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Ability to handle people of diverse status.
- Understanding & knowledge of Health & Safety procedures
- Have a professional approach to all routine tasks & sense of responsibility all times
- Focused on delivery of customer service
- Excellent time management, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent Administrative skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Knowledge of a foreign language like French, Germany etc is an added advantage
- 2 years work experience at the reception.
- Tidy, pleasant personality, good listener, mature Christian and person of integrity
- Task focused, proactive and disciplined with a sense of integrity
- Smart / well groomed and confident with a professional attitude at all times
- Friendly approachable personality
- Judgment and Mental demand
- Timely decisions in all reception duties
- Physical demands and work environment
- Calling and receiving varied calls at the same time
- Ability to give adequate priority to different calls
- Willing to work for long hours
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates should apply enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates and a detailed C.V. with contact addresses, email and telephones of two professional referees and one from your Pastor / Priest.
- Please indicate your current and expected salary and also your current employer to the address here below not later than 22nd December 2016. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Managing Director, CORAT Africa P.O. Box 42493 – 00100 Nairobi, Kenya
- Email: [email protected]