Academy Receptionist Jobs at Beacon of Hope, Kenya
Reports to Head Teacher
- The position is to provide administrative and office secretarial and logistics support to the assigned department and create a welcoming atmosphere for all the visitors and support staff accordingly.
Receptionist Job Duties & Responsibilities in Kenya
- Keep the reception area clean, neat and tidy and give a warm welcome to clients and visitors.
- Screen all visitors to determine the purpose of their business within the premises and use discretion as to whether they can be granted access or whether they need an appointment
- Keep a daily record and including contacts of all visitors.
- Assist the security team by keeping a lookout for any suspicious activities or any incidence or occurrences that require reporting to the head of security
- Dispatch any mail and deliveries sent to the academy to the relevant person
- Communicate any information to parents or guardians as required
- Direct Job applicants to leave their application at the administration block
- Handling both outside and inside callers with courtesy and respect.
- Note down any messages from clients to academy staff who may be out of office
- Assist in making emails/ calls to stakeholders during official functions when requested
- Monitor and control the use of the stationary ensuring there is prudent use of this stationary.
- Type and copy all the required office documents as requested by the academy team
- Assist the head teacher’s in ensuring that school policies and procedures are carried out at all times
- Have overall responsibility for the efficient administration in such matters as updating schemes of work, typing of examination papers and other documents
- Keep an organised record and backup of all records of the department that may be required for future reference such as reports
- Ensure the working environment is pleasant and safe for pupils, and staff and recommend any improvements to the Head Teacher and head of
- Monitor and record attendance of parents or guardians at parents’ meetings and arrange alternative meetings where necessary
- Assist the Head teacher and other academy staff in procedure of ordering items for the section such as furniture, other equipment, and stationery
- Liaise with the administration department in repair or replacement of any damaged tools and equipment
other similar duties;
- Enter data for the department into the Data system for purposes of reporting and generating reports for internal use and to send to partners.
- Develop an internal comprehensive filing systems for all documents on hard and softcopy.
Financial record keeping:
- Ensure that all the financial records regarding student payments are updated daily and prepare summary reports as requested from time to time for the Academy or Finance department use.
- Inform all parents and guardians of the proper procedure to make payments
- Participate in the daily devotion with other staff members.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities for Receptionist Jobs in Kenya
- Level of Education/Academic Qualification
- KCSE C
- Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications
- Diploma in secretarial studies
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Proficiency in computer packages such as MS word, power-point and spreadsheets. Must have knowledge of desktop publishing.
- Strong organizational, office and time management skills and a good planner
- Strong interpersonal and inter-cultural skills.
- Dynamic, proactive and creative.
- Strong sense of initiative and self-drive.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal, public relation and customer care skills
- Must have good typing skills
- Good spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
- Possess basic bookkeeping or accounting skills.
- Ability to multitask.
Relevant Job Experience
- At least 3 years experience in a similar position
How to Apply
Send your applications to [email protected]