Receptionist Job at Alternate Doors
To be able to deal with all enquiries in a professional and courteous manner, in person, on the telephone or via e-mail and administer all reservations, cancellations and no-shows, in line with company policy.
Duties for the Receptionist Job
- To undertake front office duties, including meeting, greeting and attending to the needs of guests, to ensure a superb customer service experience.
- To build a good rapport with all guests and resolve any complaints/issues quickly to maintain high quality customer service
- To deal with guest requests to ensure a comfortable and pleasant stay.
- To assist in dealing with customer complaints in an effective and courteous manner, providing or seeking solutions as quickly as possible.
- To be responsible for accurate and efficient accounts and guest billing processes.
- To assist in keeping the hotel reception area clean and tidy at all times.
- To undertake general office duties, including correspondence, emails, filing and switchboard, to ensure the smooth running of the reception area.
- To administer all routes of reservations to ensure that room bookings are made and recorded accurately.
- To ensure that all reservations and cancellations are processed efficiently.
- To keep up to date with room prices and special offers to provide accurate information to guests.
- To report any maintenance, breakage or cleanliness problems to the relevant manager.
- To administer the general petty cash system and float in an accurate manner.
- To undertake any other duties (bar and restaurant/cashiering) relevant to the post as and when required.
Receptionist Job Qualifications
- Certification in customer care relations
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- The ability to work unsupervised
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in both English and Kiswahili
- Good numerical and computer literacy
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Reservation officer or agent in a reputable hospitality outlet or travel agency.
- Applicants are required to be flexible with work schedule, including weekends and night.
- Applicants should be between 24 -30 years of age.
How to Apply
If you feel you fit this role,please use this link to apply http://talentboard.co.ke/display-job/7214/Receptionist.html