Job Title: Business Support Assistant (Reception)
Organization: World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Administrative Officer
Position Grade: SC3
Reference Number: 16-0021593
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas namely: Emergency Humanitarian Action (EHA); Food & Nutrition Security (FNS); and Agriculture & Market Support (AMS). WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
Job Summary: The Business Support Assistant (Reception) will support the Administrative Officer in managing the reception area of the organisation and will be responsible for the switchboard, receiving and guiding visitors in line with UN core values; support Administration, Finance and security.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Minimize the risk of unauthorized persons gaining access into the official premises;
- Ensure all visitors show valid identification cards prior to gaining access to the premises;
- The incumbent will ensure that all visitors state the purpose of their visit and the name of the person they wish to visit, in consultation with the staff member;
- Grant access of visitors to the building only after clearance from staff member whom they intend to visit;
- Manage the telephone switchboard; updates and distributes the telephone lists;
- Ensure that all visitors wear badges issued to them while in the premises;
- The Business Support Assistant (Reception) will also ensure that visitors are accompanied into the premises by the person they are visiting;
- Provide a welcoming environment for visitors, staff and suppliers;
- Manages meeting rooms bookings and refreshments; ensure all ongoing meetings have signs displayed both at the reception and at the meeting room door for guidance and that the meeting rooms are ready to use;
- Organize and plan reception backup during tea/lunch breaks, holidays and absences;
- Support the registry with receipt of incoming official mail;
- Work closely with Staff Assistants to arrange documentation for distribution at the meetings;
- Assist with booking accommodation for staff and visitors and advise on available transport for airport transfers;
- Assists Finance and Administration with any other duties as requested.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the United Nations UN World Food Programme (WFP) Business Support Assistant (Reception) job opportunity should hold a Uganda Advanced certificate of Education coupled with specialised training in customer service, office management or its equivalent or any other related course attained from a recognized institution;
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant working experience handling administrative duties, gained from reputable organizations;
- Previous experience as switch board /telephone operator;
- Prior exposure and experience in customer care /customer service;
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as photocopiers, scanners, shredder, binding machine among others;
- Excellent reporting and writing skills;
- Proficiency in both oral and written English is essential;
- Good working knowledge and experience using MS Office applications;
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the United Nations World Food Programme to submit their applications online, Click Here
Step 1: Register and create your online CV
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NB: You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Deadline: 7th July 2016