RefugePoint was founded in 2005 to provide lasting solutions for the world’s most vulnerable refugees.
We work to fill the critical and unmet needs of people affected by war and conflict that have fallen through the net of humanitarian assistance, in particular women, children and urban refugees.
Title: Officer, Education
Department: Nairobi Office
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Monthly Gross: Kshs. 108,000
Supervisor: Program Manager, Social Work and Child Protection
Supervision Given: [None]
The primary responsibility of the Officer is to carry out identification, assessment, and management of education support for clients.
The officer shall be the focal person for education activities within RefugePoint’s Nairobi office.
1. Implement the Education Program:
- Identify, assess and report education needs for RP clients, provide education assistance and refer for other additional services if appropriate;
- Manage the issuance of educational support to clients namely scholarships, school levies, school uniforms and stationery;
- Respond to internal and external referrals for education support;
- Identify education support opportunities from other organizations or foundations and share with refugees;
- Represent education interests in inter-unit case management meetings;
- Promote the inclusion of refugees in national policies on education.
2. Documentation and Reporting
- Document best practices;
- Ensure training materials and monitoring forms are updated and well documented;
- Ensure clear documentation in the data base of clients progress;
- Prepare monthly reports on the education program.
3. Develop and maintain partnerships:
- Continuously identify strategic partners that RefugePoint can work with on education matters;
- Lead in development of MOUs with strategic partners;
- Represent RefugePoint at education’ working group meetings.
4. Attend to any other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in Education, Community Development or related field;
- Prior experience in managing education interventions;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to network and engage with various partners including Ministry of Education;
- A high degree of cultural sensitivity and ability to adjust to change;
- Experience working with the Ministry of Education;
- Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Social competence skills, diplomacy and integrity;
- Ability to deal with conflict situations;
- Experience working with refugee communities in urban areas;
- Experience working with communities or vulnerable groups;
- Experience in developing and disseminating standard operating procedures and policies.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online Deadline: 25th July 2016