RefugePoint was founded in 2005 to provide lasting solutions for the world’s most vulnerable refugees.
We work to fill the critical and unmet needs of people affected by war and conflict that have fallen through the net of humanitarian assistance, in particular women, children and urban refugees.
Title: Manager, Livelihoods
Department: Nairobi Office
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Monthly Gross: Kshs. 162,000
Reports to: Program Coordinator, Urban Refugee Program
Supervision Given: Senior Officer, Livelihoods and Associates, Livelihoods
The primary responsibility of the Manager, Livelihoods is to oversee the livelihoods program for urban refugees to promote their self-reliance.
This position will serve as the livelihoods focal person for RefugePoint.
Core responsibilities and duties of the position are as follows:
- Development and management of the Livelihoods Program:
- Ensure Program objectives and activities are achieved in the area of livelihoods;
- Provide technical guidance on program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Promote market and financial linkages for clients running businesses;
- Monitor, coach and mentor livelihood staff; enhance staff capacity through training with respect to identified staff needs;
- Conduct annual performance evaluation for livelihoods team members;
- Track and thoroughly review financial reports to ensure livelihoods program budget is spent on target.
Documentation and reporting:
- Document best practices;
- Ensure training materials and monitoring forms are updated and well documented;
- Ensure client progress is clearly documented in the database ;
- Work with the monitoring and evaluation officer to enhance measurement tools;
- Prepare monthly reports on the activities and progress of the livelihoods program;
- Support initiatives for assessments as well as program monitoring and evaluation.
Develop and maintain partnerships:
- Continuously identify strategic partners that RefugePoint can work with on livelihoods matters;
- Lead in development of MOUs with strategic partners;
- Represent RefugePoint at the livelihoods’ working group meetings.
Attend to any other duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator, Urban Refugee Program.
- Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Community Development, International Development or other related field;
- Prior experience in program management;
- Demonstrated experience managing staff;
- Proven experience setting up and implementing income generating activities;
- Prior experience working with low income earners and vulnerable persons;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated experience in different livelihood interventions like micro-finance, VSLA, cash for work, market surveys and business monitoring;
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with staff and stakeholders.
- Social competence skills, diplomacy and integrity;
- Ability to deal with conflict situations;
- Experience working with refugee communities.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply onlineDeadline: 25th July 2016