World Vision International (Rwanda) is a child focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 15 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of Regional Accontant. This position will be based at the Western Regional Office in Huye, and reporting to the Regional Finance Manager.
Purpose of the position:
To assist in maintaining proper financial recording and filing at the Cluster/Regional level. Develop and utilize information management system to feed Cluster/Regional or project management with information for decision-making purposes. Implement World Vision International financial policies in such areas including but not limited to, cash management, forecasting, recording and documentation, budgeting, reporting, working with auditors and partners.
Ensure overall financial management at Cluster or Regional level in accordance with World Vision Field Finance Manual as well as donor requirements.
The major responsibilities:
- Prepare annual projects budgets and cash flow review in line with GC, Regional and NO budgeting guidelines by ensuring WV CAL policy and Efficiency ratio is adhered to.
- Monitor projects budgets utilization at cluster level and provide information on levels of spending and any financial irregularity to the relevant Managers.
- Monitor Cluster/Regional bank accounts and prepare bank reconciliation on monthly basis, process cash transfer to ensure sufficient funds on the account for payments and prepare monthly funding requests in line with the budget guidelines in line with target low.
- Participate in proposal writing with the view to provide financial advice and develop project lifetime budget in line with WV and Donor budgeting templates and guidelines.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and compliance with WV, Support Offices and donor specific reporting and procedural standards & requirements by ensure project related payments are done on time and transactions are properly recorded and posted in sun system.
- Participate in procurement meetings and ensure cost effectiveness through competitive bidding process, quality product and compliance with WV FFM, procurement and donor specific procurement requirements, policies and guidelines.
- Ensure that Cluster/Regional balance sheet accounts are monthly and quarterly reviewed, analyzed and reconciled by ensuring accurate balances.
- Work with Auditors and provide relevant information as far as financial audit is concerned and ensure timely implementation of audit recommendations.
- Maintain an efficient management of regional Assets and conduct regular inventory to reconcile sun system reports and physical count of assets as per WV’s asset policy and procedures and maintain an update assets register. Ensure proper fleet Management.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and compliance with WV and support offices specific reporting and procedural standards & requirements, ensure project related payments are done on time and transactions are properly posted in sun system
- Participate in partner capacity assessment and ensure accurate and timely submission of partner financial accountability.
- Plus other assignment given by line management
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Minimum Qualification required:
- Bachelors degree required in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 3 years experience in accounting profession with a busy organization or project
- Must have proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and a practical knowledge of financial systems and internal controls.
- Must have understanding and knowledge of various donor regulations and requirements preferably with G2G certification.
- Good command of Microsoft spreadsheet preferably Microsoft Excel, Vision and Sun system software.
- Experience in working with auditors both internal and external.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have skills and ability to organize and conduct trainings
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Regional office based with frequent travel to the field and NO office
- The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience:
How to apply:
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on [email protected] (no applications will be accepted through this email)
The closing date for submission of applications is 11th March 2016; no late applications will be accepted
As a child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.