Regional Business Development Manager Job at Proemm Consult
Job location: East, Central and Southern Africa
Salary: 350 – 450K gross plus benefits
Our client is the largest retailer of Consumer Electronics and Appliances in Africa. With over 30 years of strong presence in the market, they have specialized in selling a range of products including home, built – in, small kitchen appliances, commercial and building solutions. They seek to hire a senior business development expert preferably with Regional FMCG experience. Knowledge of distributor/partner sales networks development is preferred.
Responsibilities for the Regional Business Development Manager Job
- Analyze business development options in the 5 priority countries prescribed (DRC, South Sudan, Uganda, Zambia and Burundi) by carrying out a thorough due diligence, research and analysis on each country on all relevant aspects including;
- The ease of doing business in each country including political and legal barriers.
- Demand of company products and services on a short- term and long term perspective.
- Preferred marketing strategies of each country, including current market trends and route to market
- Direct and indirect threats that would affect the business.
- The financial viability of entering into any of the new markets.
- The total investment required to take the business to completion stage in each country
- The technological challenges that may affect the operations of the company.
- The social environment of the market like cultural trends, demographics, population analytics etc.
- The infrastructure including ease of effective supply chain and logistics
- The optimal market entry strategy for each country either direct set up, partnerships, agencies, distributorship, joint venture or merger and acquisition.
- Develop and establish business in all desired locations as directed and propose potential and suitable business partners, locations or companies.
- Discuss with the Product Managers to establish the appropriate product line up.
- Submit timely, accurate and detailed reports as follows – Weekly and monthly progress report as per expected timelines.
- Develop negotiating strategies and contracts when and where necessary.
- Based on outcomes and as directed, to execute plan, develop and implementing, within agreed timelines, set up the company functions in each country.
- Support all new function in each country to completion.
- Document and submit detailed handover notes as appropriate.
- Monitor and ensure responsiveness and compliance to agreed proposals
- Any other duties as may arise from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators
- Complete the market research and data analysis for countries in the first tier within 3 months in the following order.
Democratic Republic of Congo
- Identify at least 9 potential distributors/partners in each of the said countries and shortlist 3 with reasons.
- Repeat steps 1, 2 and 3 for the second tier countries within the following 5 months in the following order
- Repeat steps 1, 2 and 3 for the third tier countries after having established business in the earlier ones in the following order.
- After finalization of partnerships, in liaison with the Supply Chain Manager, ensure goods ordered are in place in the relevant countries within the agreed timelines.
Qualifications for the Regional Business Development Manager Job
- Holder of a degree in sales and marketing, any additional professional certificate in marketing or a Master’s in marketing will be an advantage.
- Should possess over 10 years of experience in mainstream business development or sales and marketing with at least 5 years of experience in senior sales/Business development.
- Ideal candidate should have a background in Distributor FMCG or Consumer durable sales.
- Experience in PEST analysis used in the environmental scanning component of strategic management is a MUST.
- Should possess knowledge in recruiting and developing partners/distributor networks in the 5 priority countries.
- Should be able to work in a less structured environment where he/she can work alone.
- Should possess knowledge in imports and exports of goods.
- Must be flexible to travel regularly.
How to apply
If you are up to the task and possess the required qualifications, skills and experience, kindly send you CV and cover letter to [email protected] by Friday 5th May 2017. Kindly quote the Job title (Regional Business Development Manager) on the subject section.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.