Job Title: Regional Finance/Administrative Assistant (3 Job Placements)
Organization: FHI 360
Project Name: Communication for Healthy Communities (CHC) Project
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager, IWASH Project
FHI 360 is an international non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our professional staff include experts in education, health, nutrition, economic development, civil society and environment as well as cross-cutting experts in gender issues, research, applied science, behavior change and technology giving us the unique mix of capabilities to address today’s diverse and interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world.
About CHC Project:
FHI 360 – Uganda is implementing the Communication for Healthy Communities (CHC) five-year program designed to support the GOU and partners to design and implement quality health communication interventions to contribute to reduction in HIV Infections, total fertility, maternal & child mortality, malnutrition, malaria & tuberculosis. CHC aims to achieve this through the use of ihnovative approaches, capacity strengthening, increased collaboration among partners, and rigorous research and knowledge management for health communication.
Job Summary: The Regional Finance/Administrative Assistant will provide support in the areas of budgeting, advance and accountability processing, data compilation, administration and logistical processing for the regional office, working closely with the Regional Technical Officer and Regional Communications Officer for the Communication for Healthy Communities (CHC) project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain, reconcile and replenish a cash float for daily regional operational expenses.
• Render support in processing procurement requests and follow through with the Programme Associate and the Office Manager.
• Support the preparation and processing of activity budgets with related paperwork.
• Offer technical support with advance requests and follow-up with the Country Office finance team.
• Handle schedule for field activities and secure venues where necessary* arrange for transport and the necessary logistics for the activity.
• Update and maintain a fixed asset register for all assets and ensure these are safely maintained in line with FHI360 requirements. Maintains a good inventory system of office supplies and update them on a timely basis.
• Work closely with relevant staff, initiate and co-ordinate travel itinerary, hotel reservations and other travel logistics for regional office visitors and consultants.
• Keenly review all accountabilities from regional staff before submission to finance department for processing.
• Maintain an up-to-date champions’ database for your respective region.
• Update and maintain proper filing for both electronic and where necessary hard copies for key documents.
• Mentor and supervise the regional driver and ensure vehicle logs are updated timely, with regular fuel consumption analysis.
• Mentor and supervise office cleaning staff and ensure conducive working environment.
• Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The Regional Finance/Administrative Assistants must hold Bachelor’s Degrees of Commerce, Business Administration, Finance or Accounting or related field.
• A minimum of three years of relevant experience in finance, grants or audit.
• Prior exposure and experience working on a US government funded project is an added advantage. .
• Good computer skills including Windows and Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, to work under pressure arid to observe and work under strict deadlines.
• Excellent analytical and result-oriented skills.
• High standards of integrity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to join the CHC Project should send a cover letter, copies of their updated CVs, academic transcripts/testimonials and three professional referees to: The Human Resource Manager, FHI 360, Plot 15 Kitante Close, P.O. Box 5768 Kampala, Uganda or by email to: [email protected]
Deadline: 30th October, 2015