Our Client seeks to fill the position of a REGIONAL FINANCIAL ANALYST in Kenya and we are thus hunting for exceptional talent for the role
The Candidate will be responsible for analyzing financial status by collecting, monitoring, and studying data and providing assistance to the Group CFO in investigating and correcting significant variances
Regional Financial Analyst Job Responsibilities
- Conduct detailed reviews of systems and processes as required, assist in the implementation of adequate and effective internal controls.
- Assist accounting functions in each country as required by the Group CFO
- Provide financial information and data to support management and department heads in decision making
- Conduct detailed and timely review of monthly and annual results of each company within the Group, provide a detailed analysis and explanations of variances
- Follow up and investigate the cause of variances, discuss with management and obtain plan for improvement.
- Assist management to develop and implement plan to correct the cause of variances.
- Conduct detailed review of processes and controls where fraudulent activity was identified, and develop and implement processes and controls to minimize such activity in the future.
- Assist with the preparation of Board papers
- Provide detailed cash flow analysis for each country
- Review weekly analysis of receivables and credit control targets, investigate variances from targets and conduct follow up to improve collections
- Conduct detailed investigation of old reconciling items and make recommendations for improvements
- Review and analyse solvency for each company and track progress towards solvency targets.
- Maintain close coordination with actuarial to ensure that the liability side of reporting/budgeting is accurate and fully supported
- Identify, implement and benchmark best practices in all of the above noted areas
Qualifications for the Regional Financial Analyst Job
- Should have Bachelor’s Degree and CPA or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in a large audit or accounting environment
- Experience Insurance Industry preferred
- Experience in leading implementation of highly effective controls and processes.
- The candidate should have strong communication and coaching skills
- Should be a high performing, results oriented individual
- Should be detail oriented
How to Apply
If you believe you are qualified and ready to take on new challenges, then we want to talk to you urgently.
Please send your application to us right away at [email protected] and include your current and expected remuneration
Kindly note only qualified candidates will be contacted.