Regional Monitoring & Evaluation Job At PATH, Kenya
Title: Regional Monitoring & Evaluation/Project Management Specialist
PATH is the leader in global health innovation. An international nonprofit organization, we save lives and improve health, especially among women and children.
Regional Monitoring & Evaluation Job Purpose
PATH is seeking a Regional Monitoring & Evaluation/Project Management Specialist for East and Southern Africa to further the RMML’s goal of strengthening PATH’s capacity in measurement and project management across PATH’s global and field programs.
- S/he will support and provide appropriate technical assistance for M&E activities in a diverse portfolio of projects in the region and will work with project teams to mentor and train staff in the areas of M&E and project management.
- S/he will help identify project staff in the region for relevant trainings and professional development opportunities, and will facilitate and promote regional staff engagement.
- In addition, the position will support new initiatives led by the Kenya Country Program such as the creation of a Center for Health Innovation and Learning (CHIL) and others.
- S/he will also serve as a liaison for the Office of Research Ethics where they will provide guidance and resources for project teams to understand policies and processes related to protection of human subjects.
Regional Monitoring & Evaluation Job Responsibilities
- Deliver and champion capacity building and learning strategies and skills that promote project and portfolio management practices, monitoring and evaluation across the organization.
- Foster collaborative team environments, focused on success and continuous learning, improvement, and professional PM, KM, and M&E practices.
- Provide direct assistance to programs and projects to support the development of PM, KM and M&E skills, tools and processes, when project teams lack capacity in these areas, and provide support for hiring talent in these roles. Activities include:
- Orient project to institutional guidance and standards for M&E and research practices, including developing sound research/evaluation objectives, questions, methods, and analysis plans, and ensuring protection of human subjects.
- Contributing to proposal development to ensure sound design.
- Development of M&E frameworks and plans.
- Contributing to the design and architecture of M&E systems for tracking and reporting results.
- Developing data analysis plans and performing data analysis as needed.
- Drafting assessment and findings reports.
- Identify and oversee if needed, appropriate research and evaluation management capacity to develop and manage special studies.
- Contribute to the design and implementation strategy of the PM/KM initiative.
- Contribute to the collection and analysis and reporting of assessment data of the PM/KM initiative.
- Work with Project teams to identify and use KM/PM processes and tools for project control and learning.
- Create action plans for Project and Program teams to increase effective use of PM/KM tools and provide follow-on coaching and support as needed.
- Demonstrated ability in mentoring, building capacity, training and coaching project teams and individuals with diverse professional backgrounds.
- Strong critical analysis skills and excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated skill in working in a highly decentralized environment and establishing standards, guidance and capacity building activities that benefit the whole organization.
- Experience communicating with a broad and diverse audience, organizing and facilitating meetings; adept at bringing diverse opinions together to achieve consensus and drive results.
- Skilled at creating structure and driving toward goals within an ambiguous environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project, MS SharePoint).
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50%.
- High emotional intelligence and ability to self-reflect.
- Experience in research and monitoring and evaluation of public health programs
- Proficiency in a range of qualitative and quantitative analytic methods
- Experience providing technical assistance on the use of data for planning and decision making
- Ability to guide teams in planning and establishing an M&E system, including the development of proposal sections related to M&E and project management, reports, and presentation materials
- Ability to visualize data using a variety of tools, and aptitude for trying and mastering new visualization tools
Project Management skills
- Familiarity with several project management methodologies and/or frameworks, including PMD Pro, PMI Waterfall, Agile, and Lean
- Experience adapting Project Management Methodologies in low resources environments
- Experience coaching and teaching others in the use of Project Management tools and methodologies
- A Master’s degree in Public Health, Biostatistics, Policy Analysis, Public or Business Administration,
- Social/Behavioral Sciences or other related field. 8-10 years’ work experience in global development sector, including 5+ years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation and 3-5 years’ experience managing projects.
- You must currently have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
How to Apply