Regional Reporter Jobs At The Standard Group In Kenya
The Standard Group comprises, The Standard Newspapers, The Nairobian, KTN, KTN News Radio Maisha, Standard Digital and Think Outdoor Services.
The Group is looking for qualified, experienced and self-motivated individuals to fill the following positions:
Regional Reporter -North Rift Region
- To gather quality and credible news for television in the North Rift Region and to produce well researched stories within the set deadlines in order to inform, educate and entertain.
- The successful candidate will be based in Eldoret bureau.
Regional Reporter Job Responsibilities In Kenya
- Take instructions and briefs from the News Editor on stories to be covered, carries out interviews, checks out facts and submit stories within the set deadlines.
- Keep the Editor informed of work progress, problems encountered and areas he may require assistance and or facilitation to complete assignments.
- Research and collect background information required to make stories complete, topical, informative, credible and analytical.
- Preview the material, writes a script gets script edited to go with the pictures and ensure that the story is balanced, properly presented, free of error and observe the code of journalistic ethics.
- Gives live reports for site of event or mobile broadcast unit when need be and assesses the situation on location to determine the required pictures and sound bites and directs the cameraman on what to shoot, does a piece to camera and wraps up the story.
- Follow news leads and maintain close and effective contact with news sources.
- Edits stories with a video editor in preparation for airing.
Qualifications For Regional Reporter Jobs In Kenya
- Basic University Degree.
- Diploma in Journalism/Mass Communication.
- 3 years working experience.
- Ability to work odd hours.
- Communication skills.
- Good presentations.
How to Apply
If you possess the qualifications to fit any of the above roles and you have the enthusiasm and drive to meet the challenges, visit our website HERE to browse through the current openings/vacancies and apply not later than March 10, 2016. The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification Please note that ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted.