Registrar Job at KIMC
REF NO. KIMC/RAA/5/2017
Purpose of the job
Provision of leadership, supervision and management of all administrative and operational functions of the office of the Registrar ( Academic Affairs) by ensuring integrity, accuracy and security of all academic data and records for both current and former students.
Responsibilities for the Registrar Job
- Provide leadership to academic and non-academic staff through quality management systems for effective service delivery.
- Participate actively in the development of the strategic plan to the achievement of the institution’s vision, mission and values.
- Develop and implement with approval of the Academic Board, strategies and policies to enhance education programs and image of the institution to the wider community.
- Prepare and provide academic statistical data and information for government, educational agencies and other agencies for quality assurance.
- Design and implement in liaison with corporate communication the advertisement materials and strategies to maintain public awareness and interests of programs offered by the institution.
- Identify enrolment trends, retention and patterns of withdrawal across the institute and provide recommendations to the academic board on the number of enrolments required to sustain the institute in future years to assist with strategic planning.
- Participate actively in the negotiation, designing and implementation of collaborations with other universities and colleges, locally, regionally and globally.
- Coordinate compilations of information through consultation with respective department for development of documents such as academic schedules and graduation and activities, publication of school bulletins, magazines, newsletter and catalogs.
- Oversee the performance management process within the department to ensure that set targets of the department are achieved.
- Develop and review curriculum and programs with approval of the academic board and support departments in coming up with new programs
- Develop strategies to increase new students’ enquiries and admissions to ensure the set targets are achieved
- Develop and maintain clear student’s exams process and procedures in consultations with heads of departments to ensure credible examination process.
- Develop and implement disciplinary process and procedures in consultation with other head of departments to enhance standardized way of operations.
- Formulate and supervise the process for the articulation of graduation and certifications certificates and commencement ceremonies to ensure integrity and quality is maintained in the institution.
- Manage and maintain the current and former students’ academic data with the help of ICT to facilitate data storage, retrieval and issuance of required documents.
- Supervise and maintain an accurate and reliable academic audit system in liaison with the internal audit in conformity of requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Coordinate all functions of the academic affairs office to ensure that the office keeps in pace with emerging issues in media industry.
- Provides input in the process of budgeting through preparation of departmental budget
Requirements for the Registrar Job
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have:
- Served in the grade of Principal Lecturer I/Assistant Registrar (Academic Affairs) or in a comparable position in the Public Service or Private Sector for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Mass Communication, Communication Studies, Broadcast Production (Film, Television or Radio), Media Studies, Information Science, Arts or Education (Linguistics, Kiswahili, Literature), Sociology/Philosophy, Economics, Business Studies, Theatre Arts/Performing Arts, Music, Electrical/electronic, Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences with Postgraduate Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Mass Communication, Communication Studies, Film Production, Television Production, Radio Production, Information Science, Computer Science, Photo Journalism, Broadcast Journalism, Journalism, Fine Art/Art and Design, Drama/ Theatre Arts, Performing Arts; Music or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Mass Communication, Communication Studies, International Development, Economics, Broadcast Production (Film, Television or Radio), Media Studies, Information Science, Arts or Education (Linguistics, Kiswahili, Literature), Sociology/Philosophy, Theatre Arts/Performing Arts, Music, Electrical, Electronic, Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
- Certificate in Training of Trainers course lasting not less than six (6) months from a recognized Institution (holders of Certificate in Education are exempted);
- Certificate in Corporate Governance or Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than three (3) Weeks from a recognized Institution;
- Certificate in computer application skills ; and
- Shown merit, integrity and ability in the management of training programmes, administrative managerial capability as reflected in work performance and results.
- In addition, candidates must adhere to the provisions of Chapter VI on Leadership and integrity, as enshrined in the Constitution of Kenya 2010. Interested candidates must submit Certificates of Compliance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC), Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), and Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); and provide Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID).
Terms of Service
The successful candidate will be on Permanent and Pensionable terms of service. The Salary for this position will range from Kshs.99,785/= to 156,422/= p.m.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their applications quoting the job reference number accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae; copies of Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card, Transcripts and Testimonials; Daytime Contacts; Full Names and Contacts of three (3) referees to:
Kenya Institute of Mass Communication
Uholo Road, (South B), Nairobi
Off Mombasa Road
P.O. Box 42422 – 00100
So as to reach him not later than 2nd June 2017.
The Kenya Institute of Mass Communication (KIMC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to implementing affirmative action. In this regard, women, persons with disability and minority with the requisite qualifications are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualifications.