Job Title: Registrar
Organisation: PPDA Appeals Tribunal
Reports to: Chairperson of the Tribunal
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Appeals Tribunal (the Tribunal) is a quasi-judicial body established by the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act, 2003, as amended. The Tribunal commenced its work in July 2014 and its main function is to hear appeals from bidders who are aggrieved or dissatisfied with the decisions of the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (Authority). The Tribunal also hears applications made by procuring and disposing entities and persons who allege that a decision by the Authority has adversely affected their rights.
Job Summary: The Registrar will be responsible for leading and developing a successful and effective Tribunal capable of achieving its objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Organize the Tribunal and its administrative structures;
• Perform the Registry functions of the Tribunal;
• Provide strong leadership, management and a link between the Tribunal and Staff of the Tribunal in order to achieve the organizational goals;
• To administer and control the funds of the Tribunal;
• Supervise the hearing of applications for review and references; Advise the Tribunal and management on the application and or interpretation of the provisions of the PPDA Act;
• Oversee appeals from the Tribunal to the High Court;
• Disseminate information, decisions and rulings of the Tribunal to interested parties;
• The Registrar will be the custodian of the Tribunal seal;
• Keep asset Register and ensure safe custody of the assets and properties of the Tribunal;
• Endorse the budget preparation, submission to the Tribunal for approval and authorization of all disbursements;
• Prepare and implement the recruitment plan in collaboration with the Tribunal;
• Set performance standards and present reports to the Tribunal;
• Ensure good corporate governance and promote a positive image of the Tribunal;
• The incumbent will develop financial and operational system s for the Tribunal as well as the attendant procedures and controls;
• Work closely with the Chairperson, organize and facilitate the Tribunal meetings;
• Perform any other relevant duties assigned by the Chairperson from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant should preferably hold a Degree in law from a recognized University.
• Possession of a Diploma in Legal Practice from Law Development Centre.
• At least seven years of successful senior management experience with responsibility for management of skilled professional staff.
• Exceptional interpersonal, decision making and team skills;
• High standards of performance, integrity and commitment to excellence;
• Ability to network and create positive, mutually co-operative relationships.
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified candidates should send their applications accompanied with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), photocopies of academic documents and certificates addressed to:
PPDA Appeals Tribunal,
7th Floor Communications House,
E-mail to: [email protected]
NB: Please quote the Reference number of the job being applied for. (Please check atop this advert)
Deadline: 21st September 2o15 by 5.00p.m.