Registry Assistant Internships at the Council of Governors
Registry Assistant Internship Responsibilities
- Mail receipt from within and outside the Council of Governors
- Sorting, cross referencing, filing of correspondences and responses according to COG indexing plan and forwarding the same to the marking officer for direction in file
- Weekly file tracing in the offices of action officers and recording all files and advising users on the records management best practices.
- Assist in the indexing of documents received to ensure easy retrieval and maintaining accurate records of documents movements
- Opening of new files when need arises and ensuring all Records Management Unit requirements are met for efficient service delivery
- Dispatch of all mail and maintenance of a tracing register after adherence to the required security grading
- Retrieve closed records when required by users for reference purposes.
- Ensure files are preserved well and torn ones are promptly repaired
- Control access to the Records Management area in order to safeguard the documents integrity from unauthorized access.
Qualifications for the Registry Assistant Internship
- A certificate or Diploma in Records and Archives Management or Information Studies from a recognized Institution.
- Computer literacy is a must.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, time management should also be possessed.
- Ability to read and prioritize official documents urgency is essential. Must be able to work with minimal or no supervision.
- Knowledge of file digitization, understanding and use of the Integrated Records Management System (IRMS) is an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a CV, cover letter, copies of ID, certificates and testimonials to [email protected] and indicate the name of the position you are applying for as the Email subject.