Director, Remuneration Analysis Job At Salaries And Remuneration Commission
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for the development and establishment of elaborate frameworks and systems for the determination of remuneration in the public sector so as to ensure an equitable, competitive and sustainable wage bill in the public sector.
Remuneration Analysis Job Responsibilities
- Formulating strategic objectives that will translate into the realization of a harmonized, equitable and fair pay for the National and County Governments.
- Plan, manage and direct the remuneration management by setting out the policy for benchmarking, job evaluation, data analysis and recommendations to the commission for the public service remuneration in Kenya.
- Manage and coordinate compensation surveys that inform the remuneration and benefits activities, decisions and recommendations in the public service.
- Manage and direct the preparation of the technical analysis, reporting and presentation of remuneration and benefits information to the commission for decision making.
- Oversee the monitoring and tracking of the commission’s policy decisions and issues relating to remuneration and benefits to and from the stakeholders.
- Manage and plan the resources and staff in the directorate in order to achieve the objectives of the commission and the directorate in a timely and affordable manner and high standards.
- Manage, drive and monitor the mandate of the commission on the remuneration and benefits to ensure that the commission achieves this mandate.
- Review remuneration analyses, reports and recommendations to ensure high standards and methodology for presentation to the commission.
- Prepare and present high level reports on the methodology and rationale of the recommendations being made to inform decision making by the Commission.
- Lead the consultation with external parties and other stakeholders in the matters concerning remuneration and benefits in the public service.
- Manage the directorate structure review processes.
- Coach and mentor of staff to enable growth and development of the staff in the directorate and the commission.
Qualifications For Remuneration Analysis Job
- Proven relevant experience of at least twelve (12) years, five (5) of which must be at a top level management position in a large organization in the public or private sector.
- Master’s degree in any of the following fields: Economics, Public Administration, Management, Human
- Resource Management, Business Administration or any other relevant discipline from a recognized Institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: Economics, Public Administration, Public Management, Human
- Resource Management, Business Administration or any other relevant and equivalent discipline from a recognized institution.
- Must have undergone leadership/senior management training.
- Be conversant with the Public Service Policies and practices on remuneration systems.
- Demonstrate competence and capability in handling remuneration matters.
- Good understanding of the provisions of the Constitution of Kenya as relates to remuneration and benefits, the
- Salaries and Remuneration Commissions Act 2011 and Kenyan labour laws and related statutes.
- Leadership and integrity qualities as set out in Chapter Six of the Constitution and demonstrated compliance to the Public Service Values and Principle as defined in the Constitution.
- Knowledge in Public Finance, Human Resource Management, Strategic Planning and Result Based Performance.
- Relevant professional competence in work performance and a clear understanding of National Goals and Policies.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of relevant legislations.
- Demonstrate Managerial and leadership skills including motivating, mentoring, developing, coaching and leading teams.
- Demonstrate high ethical standards and IT proficiency.
- Demonstrate meritocracy, fairness and confidentiality and high respect for national/gender diversity.
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Membership to a relevant professional body.
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with a detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials. The candidates MUST also attach the following;
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct,
- EACC Clearance
- Higher Education Loans Board clearance and
- Valid KRA Tax Compliance Certificate
- Applications in sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of……” and mailed OR delivered to:
- The Commission Secretary Salaries and Remuneration Commission Williamson House 6th Floor 4th Ngong Avenue P.O. Box 43126 – 00100 NAIROBI
- Application deadline is on or before 30th September, 2016.