Research Analyst Kenyan Job At USIU
Research Analyst JobÂ Responsibilities
- Performs programming and analysis tasks using SPSS, Excel, Access, and other software as appropriate.
- Programs questionnaires in survey monkey and other software.
- Collects data using a variety of methods including but not limited to field data collection, Telephone surveys and online surveys
- Coordinates field surveys
- Data cleaning and preparation of code books
- Prepares and labels SPSS data files for analysis and reporting.
- Analyzes survey results data and any other analysis as required
- Performs Data Mining from the data warehouse.
- Prepares summary report for institutional data that supports institutional decision making
- Assists with drafting and editing of project reports and methodological reports as assigned
- Acts as Project Coordinator for research projects as assigned.
- Prepares time lines for assigned projects.
- Assists with budget preparation and budget revisions for assigned projects.
- Maintains communication with client on survey progress.
- Submits brief, written report on project progress each week supervisor and reports on project progress, needs, and plans at weekly project scan meeting.
- Maintains communication with project team using e-mail and team meetings as needed.
- Monitors expenditures to ensure that projects stay within budget.
- Coordinates with Head of Institutional Research regarding scheduling or resource problems affecting timely completion of assigned projects and any issues affecting survey quality.
- Responsible for Institutional Research Office Administration including
- Filing of office documents
- Raising requisitions
- Renewal of Membership registration and software licenses
- Allocates tasks and coordinates research assistants.
Qualifications ForÂ Research Analyst JobsÂ
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Statistics or related field that involves research design, implementation and analysis from an accredited university.
- Minimum of two (2) yearsâ€™ experience in institutional data analysis
- Proven track record in programming and data analysis (qualitative and quantitative).
- Work experience in an educational environment.
- Understanding of database management procedures
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of personal information and data in accordance to the universityâ€™s policy
- Demonstrate competency in Excel, SPSS, STATA, R or any other statistical software
- Ability to pay attention to details, prioritize projects and set and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to extract and compile data from Enterprise Resource Planning System
- Ability to retain learned knowledge
- Excellent data extraction skills from a variety of databases
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint , Excel, Access, Project
- Effectively communication skills
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills
Â Â Â How to Apply
Â Â Â
- If you had previously applied for any of the listed positions, please do not re-apply. Incumbents will be expected to continue upgrading their knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes and trends in higher education.
- Should you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply. Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the following address by Tuesday, May 15, 2016.
- Head of Human Resources, United States International University â€“ Africa P.O Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya Email: [email protected]
- USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer.