The Afriquest Research Group is an independent Consumer, Trade, Market & Social Research organization with its Head-Quarters in Nairobi, Kenya, and network offices in Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Ghana & South Africa.
We are looking for people with prior experiences conducting surveys using electronic/mobile device; tablets and android phones. Research Assistants & Field Supervisors will be required to abide by the appropriate data collection procedures and are to demonstrate a complete understanding of their roles and responsibilities.
Quality assurance mechanisms will be put in place to ensure that high-quality data is collected.
All candidates per country will undergo training prior to project commissioning and will be required to take a written test and candidates must achieve satisfactory results before inclusion into the team.
Research Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Maintaining contact with supervisors before, during, and after data collection phase;
- Thoroughly understand the purpose of the survey and the content of the survey form;
- Conduct the interviews with courtesy and respect for the respondent, using the standard survey. Must be available to travel within the country on short notice;
- Interviewers must speak the language of the respondents and not need to rely on an interpreter. (Applicants from Ghana and Ethiopia should be able to speak French, and Arabic respectively while for Kenya, Tanzania and Nigeria, knowledge an extra language will be an added advantage);
- Review the survey forms, correct mistakes, and make sure that forms are complete;
- At the end of each field work day, He/She should provide the supervisor with a debriefing on the day’s work and on any problems encountered;
- Energetic and confident.
Qualifications for the Research Assistant Job
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Social Sciences or in any business related field;
- 1-2 years’ experience in research both qualitative and quantitative;
- Prior experience using CS pro, ODK Collect, Poimapper and Survey To Go will be an added advantage;
- Personal organization & time management skills;
- Report writing & clear communication over email, skype, text and phone;
- Extensive problem solving skills;
- Proven ability to build strong collaborative relationships with participants;
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills;
- Reliability & dependability.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their curriculum vitae and cover letter indicating their suitability for each respective job to [email protected] with a working daytime phone and current email address.
Please indicate on your email subject the position you are applying for e.g. “RE: Field Supervisor-Ghana/ Research Assistant (data collector)-Tanzania.
Closing Date for applications is 27th January 2017 5.00 PM EAT. All applications sent after the closing date and time will not be considered