Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Research Associate, Education Quality and Teacher Incentives (Rwanda)
IPA seeks qualified applicants for the position of Research Associate in Rwanda for a research study evaluating education quality andteacher incentives. The goal of the study is to improvestudent learning outcomes in primary schools byproviding performance recognition for incumbent and prospective teachers. The study is a research collaboration between Innovations for Poverty Action, the Rwanda Education Board (REB), and the International Growth Centre (IGC).
The Research Associate will work closely with academic researchers, REB partners, and other field staff to perform a variety tasks which may include but not be limited to: overseeing other project staff, coordinating the research collaboration between investigators and partners, designing survey questionnaires, running pilot exercises, refining the study design and surveying instruments, managing survey teams, checking and analyzing data, cleaning data and assisting in preliminary analysis, assisting in the writing of project reports and policy memos, coordinating with local officials implementing the programs being evaluated, and supporting outreach to policymakers in country.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in economics, social sciences, public policy, statistics or related fields
• Experience conducting social science or economic field research. Background in randomized control trials is strongly preferred
• Experience supervising data collection and teams of field workers, designing surveys and implementing programs strongly preferred
• Experience with data management and econometrics. Strong quantitative skills and advanced knowledge of Stata or any statistical package required
• Experience with electronic data collection platforms. Advanced knowledge of Survey CTO strongly preferred
• Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations. Experience working with government officials, especially in developing countries is also a plus.
• Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills
• Flexibility, self-motivation, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently as a team player
• Ability to manage a culturally diverse team
• Strong written and oral communication skills and complete fluency in English is required
How to Apply:
Please email your Resume and Cover letter [email protected] these instructions exactly:1) In the subject line: Put JOB NUMBER IN THE SUBJECT LINE, 2) Please attach ONLY your cover letter and resume, 3) In the email body: Copy exactly the following position line: 100751RARwanda, Research Associate, Education Rwanda. Start date is 14 Sept. 2015, and the expected commitment is 1 year. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.