Deputy Director, Research & Compliance Job At Salaries And Remuneration Commission
This position reports to the Director, Research, Compliance, Policy and Planning and is responsible for implementation of research and compliance frameworks and systems to enable the Commission make informed decisions.
Research & Compliance Job Responsibilities
- Implement the Commission’s Research Strategy, Annual Research Plan and relevant research and development proposals.
- Implement Research methods that measure the impact of remuneration and Benefits settings and review.
- Coordinate research surveys that inform the remuneration and benefits activities, decisions and recommendations in the public service.
- Coordinate the Compliance function in tracking the Commission’s policy decisions and issues relating to remuneration and benefits for different stakeholders and prepare periodic reports on the same.
- Undertake analysis on various remuneration issues in line with research, compliance and policy strategic objectives.
- Provide quality Control Checks on papers and reports prepared by the departments to ensure set objectives are addressed using sound methodology and at required quality standards.
- Prepare research reports, policies and recommendations using sound methodology to ensure the quality meets set standards for presentation to the commission.
- Prepare and present reports on processes and findings from the Research and Compliance activities with key recommendations for decision making by the Commission.
- Review assignments undertaken by the Assistant directors.
- Oversee the preparation of the department’s quarterly and yearly work plans.
- Coach and mentor staff to enable growth and development of the staff in the department.
Qualifications For Research & Compliance Job
- Master’s degree in Economics and Statistics from a recognized university.
- Eight (8) years of service, three of which should be in a comparable position from a reputable organization.
- Attended Strategic Leadership Development Programme.
- Demonstrated Computer Literacy and statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of data collation methodologies, interpretation of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Demonstrate experience in interpretation skills and numerical skills.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge Evaluation design, research and monitoring systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of budgeting processes.
- Leadership and integrity qualities set out in the sixth chapter of the constitution and demonstrated compliance to the Public Service Values and principle as defined in the constitution.
- Possession of evaluation techniques– evaluation design, research, monitoring, analysis, synthesis, and report writing and editing.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Outstanding judgment, initiative, and motivation.
- Extensive experience in the selection and application of a range of methodologies for data collection, input, analysis and reporting.
- Significant expertise and experience in identifying, reviewing, analyzing and summarizing complex paper and electronic sources of quantitative and qualitative data with a high level of numerical and statistical ability.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills, and in particular the ability to produce very clear, concise and accurate written copy and graphic material for a range of readers, responding to individual needs.
- ICT Literacy in relevant statistical packages.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with a detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials. The candidates MUST also attach the following;
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct,
- EACC Clearance
- Higher Education Loans Board clearance and
- Valid KRA Tax Compliance Certificate
Applications in sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of……” and mailed OR delivered to: The Commission Secretary Salaries and Remuneration Commission Williamson House 6th Floor 4th Ngong Avenue P.O. Box 43126 – 00100 NAIROBI Application deadline is on or before 30th September, 2016.