Research & Development Manager Jobs at Frank Management
Our client one of East Africa’s leading Decorative Products Company is seeking to fill the role of a Research and Development Manager
The successful candidate will be tasked with New Industrial Product Development, Product performance Improvement, Cost reduction of products, Shade matching , line extension, Bench-marking, coating processes, testing & maintaining quality of the products as per the Standard.
S/He should have the ability to understand the coating products and effectively lead a team of officers to deliver formulated product solutions to varying customers’ needs with speed.
Research & Development Manager Job Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for new product developments especially industrial to maintain competitive edge in market, increased brand value & increase financial values.
- Evaluate competitors’ products for suitable modification, matching performance, cost reduction or improvement to suit customer and market needs.
- Take part in Vendor development – Conceptualize projects with vendors; new raw material identification for new product development, substitution, cost reduction and Product Improvement.
- Preparation of customer samples and applications procedures. Knowledge on application tools.
- Offering technical advisory services on the product[s] and application processes involved at customers’ end.
- Standardization of production process in plant for New & Regular products as required.
- Management of laboratory consumables, EHS & carrying internal calibration of the instruments.
- Undertaking of Kaizen objectives and follow up ISO standards. Knowledge on coatings regulations and standards.
- Record keeping, monthly report writing and technical report writing
- In charge of technical training of personals-In house & at customers’ end.
- Shade card Approvals, STD panel approvals.
Qualifications for the Research & Development Manager Job
- Degree or Diploma in chemical engineering/ Industrial chemistry or related studies
- At least 6 years of experience in Research and Development of coatings and /or wood finishes formulation ,
- Industrial, testing, shade matching
- Good knowledge on industrial and PU RMs used especially resins and polymers.
- Technical report writing skills; literature search including patents.
- Project management skills.
- Strong knowledge on serving B2B customers.
How to Apply