Research Economist Job at Commercial Bank Of Africa, Kenya
Reports To: Senior Research Economist
Research Economist Job Purpose Statement
- To provide analytical support to the Bank to inform timely decision making. The occupant of this role will work closely with various internal parties to provide up to date, industry leading research on economic developments including country-specific economic developments, monetary, fiscal, exchange rate policies among other issues.
- The role will entail conducting regional macro-economic research with specific recommendations to the Bank’s Treasury, Assets and Liability Committee, CBA Capital, Finance department and CBA clients.
Key Responsibilities & Percentage Time Spent
- Macroeconomic analysis (40%)
- Fixed Income and Equities research (30%)
- Relationship Management (20%)
- Report writing (10%)
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Experience in using statistical models to simulate and predict future trends and financial/capital market behavior patterns.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- An inter-disciplinary approach to problem solving.
- Understanding in treasury operations, international economics and trade finance.
- Good presentation and communication skills-verbal and written.
- Good interpersonal and Public Relations skills.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements for Research Economist Job
- University Degree preferably in Economics– Upper 2nd Class Honors or equivalent.
- Proven experience in financial modelling (Econometrics will be an added advantage)
- Proven experience in report writing
- Strong quantitative, qualitative, and organizational skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
How to Apply
Click here to apply