Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the following vacant position in AMPATH, Research and Sponsored Projects Office (RSPO):
Position Title : Head of RSPO
Ref. : AMP/RSPO/HR/2016/001
Grade : RS16
Reporting to : Head of Principal Investigators
Overall Job Responsibility
This position entails provision of leadership to all departments in RSPO including Finance, Human Resource, Grants & Compliance, and General Administration.
Head of Research Job Responsibilities
- Guiding and communicating AMPATH policies and procedures to all RSPO staff as approved by AMPATH Board and ensuring that they are understood and adhered to.
- Give administrative guidance for all grants application, negotiations of awards, post award management and project closeout.
- Ensuring RSPO work proceduresare in compliance with all donor policies and procedures, GAAP and local legal requirements
- Supervise and appraise performance of RSPO staff and ensuring that they provide correct and timely reports.
- Overseeing the Planning, budgeting, implementation, and evaluation of awards and subordinate agreements.
- Providing leadership in managing external audits for all grants and ensuring that an audit recommendations are implemented immediately.
- Attending and participating in RSPO Heads of Department and general staff meetings in order to provide timely updates and issues.
- Ensuring timely and accurate financial and administrative reports are submitted to donors, and donor feedback for corrections is responded immediately.
- Closely monitoring all financial activities that influence the organization or its partners’ efficiency.
- Any other duties as assigned by CEO, MTRH/Principal MUCHS and HOPI.
Qualifications for the Head of Research Job
- Over 10 years work experience, 5 years of which must be at a leadership position or senior level of management in donor grants management.
- Knowledge on donor policies with specific emphasis to NIH, CDC, USAID, and EU rules and regulations.
- Master’s in Business Administration, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Having a Diploma/Master’s degree in Grants Management will be an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Administration, or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be a member of arespective professional association/ or its equivalent
- Shown competence and capability in work performance
- Meets requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
- Attended Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution.
How to Apply
- Suitable qualified candidates are requested to submit a copy of their applications together with updated curriculum vitae, Copies of certificates, current remuneration and day time telephone contacts and names of three (3) referees. Please indicate the Job Reference on the envelope. Candidates are advised to contact their referees for recommendation letters to the undersigned.
- Applications should be forwarded to the undersigned not later than 9th December 2016. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- Head of Principal Investigators, AMPATH Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital, CCDM Building 3rd Floor P O Box 3 of 4606-30100 ELDORET Email: [email protected]
- Persons with Disability and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. Any lobbying and/or canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.