Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager Job at Marie Stopes
Sheer Logic is seeking to engage a dynamic individual for the Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager position for our client Marie Stopes Kenya.
Responsibilities for the Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager Job
- Ensure systems and mechanisms for high-quality data collection are embedded across all channels
- Develop workable dashboards from MSK’s Client Information Centre (CLIC) and DHIS2 (ORION) that will enable regular collection, storage and interpretation of data needed by MSK staff
- Support introduction, testing and training of programme staff on the use, maintenance and development of these tools
- High-quality review of all data to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Develop and encourage innovation in feedback mechanisms from MSK clients to improve service delivery.
- Attend regional meetings to encourage correct reporting and use of data collection tools across all channels
- Present analysis of all service delivery channels to CMT each month, with recommendations and suggestions for improved performance
- Undertake regular review of programmatic activities, feeding back learnings to relevant MSK departments to ensure cost-effectiveness and value-for-money
- Ensure MSK adheres to MSK’s data quality minimum standards
- Support monitoring and evaluation activities for donor-funded projects
- Give technical input on M&E during the development of project proposals. Ensure alignment of new project M&E frameworks to MSI’s standard log frame.
- Develop and update monthly performance monitoring plans for all projects
- Assess the quality of care provided by MSK and routinely facilitate client feedback mechanisms and support the clinical teams in quality assessment including the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of agreed action points/ plans.
- Support the development of data bases for all MSK projects to support the integration of reporting systems into the MOH reporting framework.
- Strengthen programme learning and use of evidence through presentations, dissemination of learnings and case studies
- Conduct routine supervisory visits across the service delivery channels and ensure all findings from Data Quality Audits (DQAs) are shared with Line Manager and Programmes Director monthly, flagging any key
- areas of concern
- Submit data as required for donor reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage the implementation, dissemination and utilisation of high quality research
- Design quantitative and qualitative research studies in line with the country programme information needs and MSI standards.
- Prepare data collection tools, recruit and train field data collectors, and monitor implementation of field research activities.
- Prepare and submit applications for ethical review of proposed projects to local IRBs, and facilitate the submission of research protocols to the MSI Ethics Review Committee (ERC).
- Ensure data collected are entered using appropriate software packages, cleaned to the highest standard, and analysed.
- Prepare bidding documents for research activities and closely manage delivery of research by consultants.
- Write-up evidence-based reports in collaboration with other departments. Ensure reports are concise, easy-to-understand, and action-oriented.
- Disseminate research results to managers and implementers using appropriate channels and fora, in order to formulate decisions and ensure evidence-based action.
- Keep relevant staff members abreast of new research by other organisations with relevance for the country program work.
- Prepare research findings for presentation at national and international conferences and for submission to peer reviewed journals and other publications.
- Represent the team internally and externally at stakeholder forums
- Manage the Research, Monitoring & Evaluation (RME) team and work plan
- Ensure that the RME team are able to deliver high quality research projects in accordance with well designed, realistically budgeted protocols.
- Provide the RME perspective during the development and review of the strategic plan, annual business plans, and success model validation plan.
- Develop well budgeted and realistic M&E components for concept notes and proposals.
- Line manage and develop the capacity of the RME officers and research assistants in the RME team, applying the country program performance management system and developing and implementing professional development plans for all team members.
- Build country programme capacity for research, monitoring, and evaluation though various means, including in-person training sessions, constant evidence dissemination, and 1-to-1 support.
- Work closely with the Regional Research Advisor and the Global Evidence to Action Team, to ensure alignment of activities to global MSI standards and stay up-to-date on the latest standards, information and available tools.
- Perform other tasks as required by your line manager.
Qualifications for the Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager Job
- Degree in Public Health, Information Science, Biostatistics or related discipline.
- Post-graduate qualification in Public Health, statistics, demography, epidemiology or related discipline with modules in both quantitative and qualitative research methods
Significant experience in the research, monitoring and evaluation field, preferably in the NGO sector.
- Management experience, including undertaking of routine performance management of team members.
- Proven experience in leading monitoring and evaluation systems for health programmes in the NGO sector
- Extensive experience working with government structures at the national and county levels.
- Ability to independently design and conduct qualitative and quantitate research, analyse and disseminate results.
- Good communication skills in English for report writing and presentations.
- Project evaluation skills are desirable.
- Quantitative and qualitative research skills (including SPSS and/or STATA knowledge)
- Advanced skills in Excel or other data management software
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good project management skills
- Proven ability to interpret and analyse numerical data
- Proven ability to communicate research findings clearly and concisely to non-researchers
- Proven ability to manage projects and deadlines
- Evidence of managing large studies in health
- Previous experience supporting R, M&E activities in reproductive health and adequate understanding of RH indicators
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and in a highly dynamic environment
- Successfully published research work as a principal or co-investigator desirable
- Attitude / Motivation:
Successful performance at MSK is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others. There are 13 key behaviours that MSK encourages in all employees and they are defined below:
How to Apply
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and any other 1 but not a relative) should be submitted to [email protected] on or before 27th June 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager”