Research Nurse NGO Jobs in Kenya
Reference Number: RN310817
Category: Clinical Healthcare and Research
JOB PURPOSE:This role will involve the day to day research activities in studies on neurocognitive and mental health outcomes among adolescents and young adults living with HIV. The post holder conducts daily activities to ensure optimal nursing assessment and care, communication with participants, timely study recruitment, data and sample collection, follow up and adherence to study-specific procedures.
- Identify and recruit eligible participants from those attending various HIV specialized clinics within Kilifi and Mombasa County.
- Get informed consent from the both caregivers, adolescents and young adults
- Administer questionnaires and collect data from adolescents and their caregivers.
- Collect blood samples and ensure proper storage.
- Participate in planning and carrying out community mobilization activities.
- Provide support and guidance to the Field Workers on data collection, resolve any problems and report on actions taken.
- Take care of assigned equipment including timely reporting of damages and required repairs.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Diploma in Nursing(KRCHN) – specialized in psychiatric nursing
- Comprehensive knowledge of standard guidelines for care.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Nursing.
- Computer literacy with proficiency Microsoft applications.
- Has co-ordination and management skills or technical skills
- Good organisational skills
- Strong Supervisory skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Team working with the ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Experience in working at a VCT or CCRC highly desirable
- Fluency in both English and Kiswahili