The Office of the Controller of Budget is an independent Office established under Article 228 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Its core mandate is to oversee implementation of the budgets of the National and County governments, approve withdrawals from the Consolidated Fund (Article 206), County Revenue Fund (Article 207) and Equalisation Fund (Article 204) and report on Budget Implementation to Parliament every four months.
Pursuant to Article 252 (1) (c) of the Constitution, the Office seeks to recruit a highly qualified and competent staff to fill the following vacant position:
Grade COB 7
Reporting to the Principal Research & Planning Officer, the officer will be responsible for implementation of the research policies, systems and procedures considering best practices for research.
- Implement research and planning strategy, policies, systems and procedures on budget implementation;
- Implement the strategic plan of the institution;
- Collate and analyzes macro-economic, socio-economic and fiscal data;
- Undertake objective research and analysis on budget implementation in policy issues with the ultimate goal of advising on improvement in budget implementation;
- Collaborate with external research institutions, policy makers and other stakeholders;
- Implement the organization’s research and planning assignments;
- Prepare and implement the departmental work plans;
- Prepare research and planning reports;
- Research and carry out presentations as required by the Controller of Budget.
Requirements for the position
- A Bachelors degree in either Economics, Statistics, Commerce, Business Administration, Social Science or its equivalent from a recognized university
- Must have at least 2 years relevant work experience.
- Must be versed with the Constitution of Kenya, 2010;
- Broad knowledge of Research and project management.
Required Skills and Personal Attributes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Knowledge of Public Finance Management Act
Terms and Conditions of Service: Successful candidates for the above positions will be offered a competitive remuneration package and will be appointed on a three (3) year contract term.
How to Apply
Qualified interested candidates should submit their applications quoting the job title on both the envelope and the cover letter.
Enclose a detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current remuneration, Home County, e-mail address and reliable daytime telephone contacts, together with copies of your certificates, testimonials and national identity card.
You should also give the names of two referees who must be familiar with your previous work/academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Controller of Budget Bima House 12th Floor, Harambee Avenue. P.O Box 35616-00100
The closing date is 15th September, 2015.
Only complete applications received by this deadline will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Office of the Controller of Budget is an equal opportunity employer.