Research Officer Kenyan Job
We are an international training and consultancy organization offering technical training and education services designed for individuals, and organizations working in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water sanitation and hygiene sectors .
Research Officer Job Responsibilities In Kenya
- Developing consultancy proposals in response to EOI and Expression of Interest.
- Assists with budget preparation and budget revisions for assigned projects.
- Maintains communication with client on project progress.
- Maintains communication with project team using e-mail and team meetings as needed.
- Monitors expenditures to ensure that projects stay within budget.
- Coordinates with Managing director regarding scheduling or resource problems affecting timely completion of assigned projects and any issues affecting survey quality.
Qualifications For Research Officer Jobs In Kenya
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Agricultural Economics and a Masters degree in Monitoring and Evaluations(Another area may be considered if the candidate has a professional certification in M&E)
- Minimum of two (3) years’ experience in the fields of Agriculture, Food Security, Livelihoods, Health, Education or related areas preferably in the development sector.
- Proven track record in research and data analysis (qualitative and quantitative).
- Excellent report writing skills including publications in a revered journal.
- Understanding of project management procedures
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of personal information and data in accordance to the research ethics
- Demonstrate competency in Excel, SPSS, Stata, NVivo or any other statistical software
- Ability to pay attention to details, prioritize projects and set and meet deadlines
- Ability to retain learned knowledge
- Consultancy Proposal development skills
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint , Excel and Project
- Effectively communication skills
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, please send your application to [email protected] before 5th April, 2016. Note: Use the job title as the subject line in your application email. Indepth Research Services is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply.