Job Title: Research Officer
Organization: Office of the Prime Minister
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Policy Analyst
The Office of the Prime Minister has a vision of “A Public Sector that is responsive and accountable in steering Uganda towards rapid economic growth and development.” They also strive to instill and maintain efficient and effective systems in Government that enable Uganda to develop rapidly.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides technical support to the secretariat of the coordination framework and any other coordination platforms; ensuring that consultations are well planned, take place as scheduled, minutes taken, and actions agreed and followed up expeditiously.
• The incumbent supports the preparation and formulation of appropriate documents including Reports on Performance plans, policies, and strategies for sectors, MDAs and the Department of PIC.
• Support the collection, analysis and interpretation of economic and sector data relevant for informing the coordination function.
• Keenly analyses Ministry/sector policies for consistency with National Development goals.
• Supports the research and analysis of sector-wide issues identified by the coordination mechanism to inform the coordination function.
• Takes part in the formulation of the Public Sector Management Sector Budget Framework paper, Ministerial Policy Statement and other related reports.
• Prepares work plans, budgets and reports on departmental activities.
• Performs any other related duties that will be delegated to the officer from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The Research Officer must be a Ugandan National holding an Honors Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics or related fields with specialization in development economics.
• Possession of a master’s Degree in relevant disciplines such as Finance, Economics, Public Policy, Development Studies, and Statistics.
• Possession of a Diploma in IT is an added advantage.
• At least three years of related work experience in a reputable organization.
• Computer literacy with knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office Applications.
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Analytical ability and problem solving skills.
• Sound judgment and capacity to identify and form key alliances with people in government and the community.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills and commitment to producing high quality outputs.
• Ability to enhance team work.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandans should send their applications to the Permanent Secretary, Office of the Prime Minister, 6th Floor, New Government Block Plot 9-11 Apollo Kaggwa Road, P.O. Box 341, Kampala. Uganda
The complete applications should bear the title of the post, attach photocopies of their academic certificates and transcripts plus recent passport size photographs and any other relevant documents.
Deadline: Friday 2nd October, 2015 by 5:00PM