Job Title: Research & Product Development Officer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Business Growth and Development Manager
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• The incumbent will be tasked with the preparation of product concepts and business cases for new products and services. Determine product specifications and features.
• Keenly analyze and monitor existing products on a routine basis to understand the performance of the products and delivery methods and make recommendations.
• Actively monitor performance of products under pilot testing and make the necessary amendments.
• Routinely analyze customer feedback in liaison with branch staff through Customer Satisfaction surveys and recommend strategies for customer service and product refinements.
• Manage the research, identification, evaluation and feasibility studies of new products and services and delivery channels/branches.
• Monitor projects, such as research findings and progress reports in order to inform management of current status of each project.
• Routinely monitor competitors’ products and services.
• Maintain up to date competitor knowledge.
• Monitor competitors, create and update cross-references, perform ongoing research of competitor product features, mix and product development strategy.
• Provide Business Development and Marketing Department with sufficient information to develop product promotional materials, press bulletins, and training material
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Branch Manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The Research & Product Development Officer should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in any business related field
• A minimum of two years of related work experience in a financial institution,
• Research background and/or knowledge, an added advantage.
• Excellent analytical skills
• Possess excellent oral, written communication
• Good report writing skills
• Age: Between 25 to 35 years.
How to Apply:
If you believe you possess the necessary skills and experience, desire to make a difference, apply though the Human Resource Manager with a detailed CV, stating your current salary, salary expectation, certified copies of complete academic transcripts and professional certificates, names of three referees and a daytime telephone contact to the address below.
The Human Resources Manager
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Silva Arcade, Plot 62, Bombo Road
P.O. Box 30815
Email to: [email protected]
Deadline: 17th August 2015