Job Title: Research & Product Development Officer
Organization: Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 33 networked branches and 7 contact branches countrywide and an equal opportunity employer, regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003.
Job Summary: The Research and Product Development Officer will be reporting directly to the Research and Product Development Manager (MRPD) and will contribute to the efforts of MRPD in conducting research activities Product Development and maintaining research capability to support business planning, development and marketing efforts of Pride.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new Products and Review existing products in support of Pride Business.
- Take part in the writing of proposals to donors so as to secure extra funding for Pride to support its different business initiatives.
- Carry out feasibility studies and produce business case reports to inform the decisions of opening new Operation locations in line with both the institution’s operations and business plan.
- Conduct market research and intelligence on current and new innovations in the banking industry and generate reports, in line with the department’s work plan.
- Work closely with branch management to conduct follow up activities regarding the performance of the institutions products/services and prepare quarterly reports.
- Co-ordinate responses to external and internal research inquiries from colleagues, government departments and agencies as well as the general public and submit periodic reports to the regulator and key stakeholders.
- Actively participate in the management of Pride’s social media platforms to generate business leads that will enhance the institution’s business performance.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the MRPD.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Research & Product Development Officer job placement should preferably hold a bachelor’s degree from a reputable Institution with good grades in Commerce, Business Administration, Arts, Economics, Business Studies, Statistics, Social Sciences, or in any other relevant field.
- One year of hands-on experience and proven skills in marketing research.
- Impeccable level of integrity
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and must be able to meet set deadlines.
- Highly analytical skills
- High business acumen
- Good public relations skills
- Good at multi-tasking
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good goal setting and quality control
- Computer literacy skills
- Change management skills
- High emotional intelligence and advocacy.
- Age: Below 30 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to the: Head Human Capital Management, Pride Micro-finance Limited, Victoria Office Park, Block B, Plot 6 -9, Ben Kiwanuka Okot Close, P.O. Box 7566, Kampala, Uganda.
The complete applications should include a detailed curriculum vitae, current salary, copies of academic and professional certificates / transcript, postal address, names of 3 referees and a daytime telephone contact.
Deadline: 19th July 2017