mothers2mothers (m2m) is an international non-governmental organisation headquartered in Cape Town, SA, dedicated to providing education and support to pregnant women and mothers living with HIV, and preventing mother-to-child transmission. m2m empowers HIV-positive pregnant women and new mothers to become role models in their communities by promoting AIDS awareness, testing and services.
m2m has been implementing its Mentor Mother Model in Kenya since 2008, and has successfully adapted peer education and psychosocial support to the Kenyan context to improve client PMTCT and maternal, new born, and child health (MNCH) outcomes and currently operates 30 health facilities across the country.
Through its peer education and psychosocial support services to PMTCT clients, m2m seeks to contribute to the reduction of vertical HIV transmission and improve the health and wellbeing of mothers living with HIV and that of their infants and other family members, as well as improve client retention to ensure that mothers and their babies access all priority services in the PMTCT cascade
Every year mothers2mothers conducts an Annual Evaluation using data routinely collected by Mentor Mothers during one-on-one interactions with clients at health facilities. These Annual Evaluations enable the organisation to make programmatic decisions in relation to improving the quality of services, to monitor uptake of services along the PMTCT cascade, as well as to meet various reporting requirements to both internal and external stakeholders.
Purpose of the Contract
m2m Kenya seeks to engage 3 data officers in January and February 2017 to support data entry for the 2016 Annual Evaluation.
During the annual evaluation data capturing process, the primary responsibilities of the Data Officer will be
- To work with the Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator (MEC), program team, and Mentor Mothers to inspect that m2m data has been correctly captured from the Logbook to the Master Client Card by Mentor Mothers.
- Enter data into a predesigned Ms Access database.
- Take part in the data cleaning process
Desired Background and Experience
We Are Seeking Someone With Both Strong Data Entry And Management Experience, Including
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. public health, social sciences)
- Proven experience in managing and processing data
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to concentrate on detail for long periods of time
- The ability to deliver accurate work
- The ability to work independently and in a team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to deliver to deadline
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their applications to email@example.com by 5pm Tuesday 10 January 2017