Research Support Services Ltd. (RSS Group) is an independent employee-owned research consulting and institutional strengthening firm established to conduct health, policy, social, agricultural, environmental and development research through innovation, partnership and capacity building, with the aim of promoting evidence based decision making processes.
- Experience in conducting interviews on sensitive topics for research purposes preferably in the key sectors of agriculture, agribusiness management, rural finance, rural markets, environment, gender and economic empowerment;
- Past experience in conducting household based studies especially within poor and rural communities in Kenya in key areas of maize farming, pests & weed control(Striga), project evaluations and seeds value chains;
- Good written and verbal skills in English and Swahili; Knowledge of local languages and farming practices within the regions is a plus
- Advanced degree(preferred) or undergraduate qualifications in Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness Management, Social Sciences, Community Development, Statistics, Population Studies or any relevant discipline from a recognized institution.
- Experience in qualitative & quantitative data collection with a demonstration of good interviewing skills & community entry; Experience in use of PDAs/mobile phones for data collection;
- Extensive experience in qualitative data recording and a demonstration of skilled interviewing, expert note-taking, high quality transcription and translation; especially in Swahili to English;
- Good working knowledge of office computer applications preferably Word and Excel. Additional knowledge of any quantitative and qualitative statistical package will be an added advantage (e.g. SPSS, R, STATA, Nvivo);
- Familiarity with the use of digital voice recorders for data collection, GPS equipment and PDAs/Android Tablets for data collection, photography and recording.
How to Apply