Industry: Media & Production
Our client is a young media training and production centre located in Nairobi. They seek to hire a researcher who will provide support to production staff by undertaking broadly based research into any issue relevant to the company programmes.
- After initial briefing by the producer, undertake independent research to a broad or specific brief, using all sources of reference, both internal and external, including proper note-taking. Such research may involve either a journalistic or academic approach, and may involve finding and contacting individuals and organizations; finding locations for filming; identifying and selecting stock shots and film clips; making a preliminary selection of suitable material and music.
- Evaluate research in terms of programme aims and intentions, make preliminary selections and present findings either verbally or in writing to the producer. As required, to view archive material, select relevant sections and arrange viewing facilities for the producer.
- Be prepared to work as part of a strong and effective team. Able to demonstrate judgment on appropriate referral of issues to more experienced members of the production team.
- Take responsibility for delivering to tight deadlines while maintaining the highest journalistic standards.
- Suggest strong stories and offer creative and compelling ways of presenting research material within the programme.
- Find and make initial contact with appropriate contributors; ascertain their views; brief them on the programme intentions; make arrangements for them to be filmed; and look after them before during and after filming.
- When requested, to attend filming and carry out duties as required, including shooting/operating sound. Assist in assembling programme material in its final form. This can include the preparation of interview questions, draft scripts and assembly and preparation of material for rostrum work.
- Contribute ideas for new series and programmes
- Degree in Media/Journalism
- Experience as a television researcher and/or a track record in journalism in other media.
- Good understanding of television production techniques and procedures.
- Strong analytical thinking and the ability to assess complex information to provide accurate and engaging summaries of research
- Experience of working effectively with a team – able to demonstrate judgment on appropriate referral of issues to more experienced members of the production team.
- Good communication skills and the ability to establish positive working relations with a wide range of contacts
- Understanding of policy requirements, safety regulations, contractual provisions and limitations, statutory requirements relevant to programme making and the legal issues associated with investigative journalism, covert filming and programme financing.
- Ability to present a professional and positive image at all times.
- To be a role model for the Company Values.
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Researcher) to [email protected] before Wednesday 4th January, 2017.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.