Tala is looking for a UX Researcher who’s passionate about immersing themselves in the world of our target customers. You excel at uncovering motivations, aspirations, and “Aha! moments” to help drive a differentiated business and innovative product.
You’re well-versed in qualitative and quantitative methods and confident in planning, designing and executing exploratory and evaluative studies. If you’re excited about infusing user insights into product development, business strategy, and growth marketing, this role may be for you.
This position is based in our Nairobi office. This position reports to the Senior User Researcher in Santa Monica, California.
User Experience Researcher Job Responsibilities
- Work closely with business stakeholders, product managers, data analysts, and marketers to identify research topics and opportunities to improve our understanding of current and prospective customers
- Design research using a variety of methods and tools
- Execute research from start to finish, including planning, recruiting users, moderating, analyzing results, and presenting findings
- Analyze market trends and competitors to provide market intelligence
- Effectively synthesize and communicate research insights into actionable recommendations
- Potential travel to home office in Santa Monica, California, or other markets that Tala serves
Qualifications for the User Experience Researcher Job
- Bachelor’s degree in sociology, psychology, HCI, market research, or a related field
- 1-3 years of experience in customer/consumer insights or UX research
- Experience with a broad set of qualitative and user-centered research methods: contextual inquiry and ethnographic field studies, one-on-one interviews, focus groups, usability testing, concept testing, competitive assessment, diary studies, etc.
- Working knowledge of leading research and survey tools
- Strong skills in data analysis, and structured problem solving
- Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Understanding of Fintech business and industry
- Passionate advocate for the user
- Attention to detail and a desire to provide high-quality results
- Comfortable with ambiguity – you can handle the ambiguities of company and product strategy within a startup environment and prioritize accordingly
How to Apply