Job Title: Quality Assurance/Quality Control Officer
Organisation: Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP)
Position Number: MUWRP-001
The Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) is a non-profit HIV research program that was established in 2002 as a result of a memorandum of understanding between Makerere University and The Henry M. Jackson foundation for Advancement of Military Medicine Inc. of USA (HJF). The primary purpose of MUWRP is to develop, evaluate and provide interventions to mitigate disease threats of public health importance to Uganda. Activities include; vaccine development and building of vaccine testing capability in Uganda, conducting of epidemiological and basic research and provision of HIV Treatment, care and support and surveillance of influenza and other emerging infections.
Job Summary: The Quality Assurance/Quality Control Officer will be responsible for maintaining QC/QA activities for research projects based in Kayunga field office and/or at Nakasero research site.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the Study coordinator and the PI to ensure that study activities and processes are conducted as per protocol and related SOPs
• Ensure that CRFs are correctly, accurately and promptly filled by the clinic research team before presentation for data entry
• Keenly evaluate and respond to quality events, incidents, queries, and complaints as they arise in real time
• Keep up to date with all related quality and research ethics legislation and compliance issues
• Work in liaison with the quality coordinator and regulatory affair office to compile and prepare materials for submission to regulatory agencies.
• Establish and document internal quality assurance and quality control processes/procedures.
• Utilize guidance documents (SOPs, MOPs, research protocol, etc), local and international standards, or consensus standards to support the research teams to conduct all research procedures as expected.
• Carry out the day to day quality control audits and promptly communicate the findings to the appropriate stakeholders
• Actively communicate any critical compliance risks noted from these activities to the Principle Investigator and or senior management.
• Prepare and send weekly QC/QA updates for discussion in the weekly research meetings.
• Identify and coordinate the resolution of data queries as they happen
• Determine relevant data quality training requirements and assist with staff training
• Work closely with staff of various departments to ensure quality data for all conducted research and address any queries or data anomalies with relevant staff.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor/designee.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant should hold a Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery or a health related field.
• At least two years of relevant experience in Quality Control/Quality Assurance in a research setting.
• Excellent writing and presentation skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong leadership and communication skills.
• Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated/driven.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Working well in a team
• Detailed knowledge of quality assurance and control procedures, regulations as they relate to medical research.
• Possesses the ability to train all levels of staff in Quality Control/Assurance
• Ability to work in teams, motivate, influence data staff and manage time and projects.
• Excellent organizational, planning, research and problem solving skills.
• Must be detail-oriented and understand the importance and benefits of data quality.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to present findings and recommendations
• Ability to work as a part of a team and interact with data users and managers
• Strong statistical and numerical ability
• Possess technical skills necessary to work with computer systems such as knowledge of office software such as Microsoft word, excel and access.
• Fluency in verbal and written English and Luganda.
How to Apply:
All suitable candidates should download application forms, Click Here, and attach them on their Applications letters, Photocopies of academic qualifications and Resume with three referees to: The Human Resource Administrator, Makerere University Walter Reed Project, Plot 42 Nakasero Road., P.O. Box 16524, Kampala, Uganda.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 31st August 2015