Reservationist/ Tour Consultant Jobs at Nina Tours and Travel (30K)
Station: [Nina Tours & Travel] Nairobi
Gross Salary: KES. 30,000/-
Monthly fixed salary and bonuses linked to performance.
Job Role Type: Full time
Nina Tours and Travel limited was incorporated in 2007 by directors with a passion and drive for conservation and tourism coupled with vast experience in the industry. We have a good network of partners locally and internationally to add value to your expectations. We offer air-ticketing, visa processing, guided tours,
luxury holidays and hotel bookings. We offer scheduled and tailor-made tours to countries in southern and eastern Africa. The Management is seeking to recruit a suitable and qualified person to fill the position of a reservationist/tour consultant.
The goal of this role is to keep our clients satisfied and loyal for future services. You will be required to meet and surpass sales targets by managing and providing tourism related services and packages for business and holiday on behalf of our suppliers.
Key Responsibilities for the Reservationist/ Tour Consultant Job
- Meet profit and sales targets; Plan and sell transportations, accommodations, insurance and other travel services.
- Answer telephone calls & enquiries Cooperate with clients to determine their needs and advise them appropriate destination, modes of transportations, travel dates, costs and accommodations
- Provide relevant information; brochures and publications (guides, local customs, maps, regulations, events etc) to travelers
- Manage reservations; Book transportation, make hotel reservations and collect payment/fees
- Marketing; Use promotional techniques and prepare promotional materials to sell itinerary tour packages
- Customer service; Deal with occurring travel problems, complaints or refunds
- Record keeping; Enter data into our software and maintain client files
- Accounting; Maintain statistical and financial records including M-pesa.
- Office Administration: Perform daily office duties including; maintain cleanliness proper filling and ensure responsible use of all office equipment.
- Networking; build and expand your professional network with tour operators
- Personal development; Attend travel seminars to remain updated with tourism trends
Reservationist/ Tour Consultant Job Qualification
- We are seeking an exceptional professional, ideally with demonstrated work experience as a Reservationist/Tours Consultant.
- Diploma in tours and Travel from Utalii (IATA) or any other recognized Institution
- 3 year solid Reservationist Experience / Tours consultant in reservations for either a safari lodge or a DMC
- Broad Knowledge in using Gelileo and/or Amadeus
Skills and Attributes
- Good communication skills
- Service orientated
- Attention to detail
- High work standards and ethics
- Confident, A team player
- Flexible and solution drive
- Self-driven, Good memory
How to Apply
- Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit their application letter addressed to the Human Resource Manager, together with an updated CV and copies of relevant credentials and three referees. Send Applications to [email protected]
- The deadline for submission is by 28th November, 2016. Due to the large number of applicants, only shortlisted candidate will be contacted by 30th November, 2016. Register for more job alerts at www.centrionstaffingsolutions.com