Resolution Insurance Company Ltd is a general insurer offering innovative and responsive insurance solutions. We have learned to adapt in this constantly changing society, and develop comprehensive products that are relevant to our clients. We currently have over 60,000 members in our fold and have partnered with over 500 medical service providers across East Africa; a strong network of hospitals, clinics and doctors.
The Resolution Insurance brand is energetic and trendy. In pursuit of our ambitious growth plan, we are looking to fill the position below:
UNDERWRITING MANAGER (GENERAL INSURANCE BUSINESS)
Reporting to the Head of Operations (GIB), the Underwriting Manager will be accountable for risk assessment and rating by managing and controlling all the risks which come through and implementation of all the underwriting processes and procedures in place while improving on the same to add value and protect the company from underwriting risks.
He/ She will also be accountable for ensuring that the company complies with all applicable laws, regulations, supervisory decisions, and internal policies, and conducts its business ethically and responsibly.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Periodically review and implement Underwriting department processes and procedures and ensure continuous innovation and process improvement to keep abreast of clients’ developing needs.
- Contribute to the corporate underwriting policy (actuarial, underwriting, reinsurance, finance).
- Department overhead cost management
- Participate in risk management, product development and corporate strategy formulation and review.
- Ensure all client documentation is received, assessed and accurately entered into the system within the set TATs.
- Ensure underwriting, product and policy documents content is appropriate and controlled.
- Provide timely management and client reports to keep the Company and client abreast on the performance of their portfolios.
- Develop adequate underwriting capacity and talent management.
- Maintain current knowledge of laws and regulations; keeping abreast of recent changes.
- Developing the annual compliance work plan that reflects the highest compliance risks that will be monitored by the compliance function.
- Facilitate development and periodic reviews of code of Conduct to ensure continuing relevance in providing guidance.
- Facilitating consultations with lawyers as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
- Monitor, and as necessary, coordinate compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the Board through its various committees and senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Developing policies and programs that encourage managers and employees to report suspected fraud and other improprieties without fear of retaliation.
- Ensure the GB underwriting system is fully implemented and automate underwriting processes
- Implement interdepartmental SLAs.
- Periodical team appraisal.
- Management of departmental documentation e.g. various certificates, securities etc.
- Any other responsibility.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in a business related field. A degree in insurance will be an added advantage
- Higher diploma in insurance ACII
- At least 3 years experience working in an underwriting department in a supervisory position
- Excellent knowledge in use of MS office
- IT skills and risk management skills
- Excellent knowledge of insurance IT systems and procedures
- People skills
If you believe you are a team player and would be a valuable resource to this ever growing brand, kindly visit our careers page on www.resolution.co.ke by Close of Business on Tuesday 24th January 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted