The Resolution Insurance brand is energetic and trendy. In pursuit of our ambitious growth plan, we are looking to fill the position below:
SENIOR UNDERWRITER- GENERAL INSURANCE BUSINESS
Reporting to the Assistant Underwriting Manager, the Senior Underwriter’s overall purpose will be to supervise timely and accurate Quotations, monitor risk acceptance and underwriting documentation and ensure acquisition of profitable business. He/She will also be responsible for assisting management in supervising underwriting operations and ensuring good customer service to our intermediaries and clients.
Responsibilities for the Senior Underwriter Job
- Ensure that systems, procedures and standards applicable to underwriting operations adhered to
- Prepare quotations in a timely manner to assist in business acquisition
- Ensure policy documents are issued within the set turnaround times and communicate with agents/brokers/clients on confirmation of receipt of policy documents, endorsements and other policy related documentation.
- Oversee timely dispatch of renewal notices and follow up of renewal business to ensure retention
- Maintain effective business relationships, with both internal and external customers, to ensure effective delivery of service
- Signing of accountable documents within the authority limit as per the agreed and give them legal effect
- Assessment, management and rating of risks to ensure we accept and retain quality business
- Continually review the performance of accounts/products and advise the Technical Manager
- Enforce credit control and effect cancellation for policies not paid for to ensure that premium is paid for risks accepted. Liaise with Finance department on premium payments, invoicing, receipting and allocations.
- Preparing monthly performance reports and provide a business analysis of the same
- Respond to customer queries and complaints
- Train and mentor Underwriters to ensure motivation
- Manage all the departments ICT projects to ensure desired needs are addressed
- Keep a record of identified risks and discuss preventive measures with the Technical manager
- Resolve internal audit recommendations with liaison with the Technical Manager
Qualifications for the Senior Underwriter Job
- IIK/CII Diploma in insurance
- 3-5 years relevant work experience in underwriting in a general insurance company
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Well developed computer skills
- Excellent research and report writing skills
- Business degree
- Ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision.
- Strong Customer Service and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
If you believe you are a team player and would be a valuable resource to this ever growing brand, kindly visit our careers page on www.resolution.co.ke by Close of Business on Monday 27th February 2017.
Applications should be made strictly through the careers portal. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. contacted