Resolution Insurance Company Ltd is a general insurer offering innovative and responsive insurance solutions. We have learned to adapt in this constantly changing society, and develop comprehensive products that are relevant to our clients. We currently have over 60,000 members in our fold and have partnered with over 500 medical service providers across East Africa; a strong network of hospitals, clinics and doctors.
The Resolution Insurance brand is energetic and trendy. In pursuit of our ambitious growth plan, we are looking to fill the position below:
ACTUARIAL PRODUCT ANALYST
Reporting to the Head of Actuarial Department, the Actuarial Product Analyst will be accountable for providing ongoing technical and analytical support on products and product performance. The person will be responsible for ensuring products are profitably and competitively priced, as well as carry out various data analytics needed to inform product restructures and claims management recommendations.
The jobholder will be expected to demonstrate commitment and loyalty and perform all duties in accordance with the organization’s office routines and procedures, keeping in mind the overall business objectives.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Accurate pricing of Profitable and competitive products within desired timelines
- Work with the product development manager on market research for upcoming products and competitors’ products analysis
- Ensure timely regulatory approval on all products
- Monitoring and reporting of the performance of different products and portfolio’s
- Monitoring and reporting on conversion rates and retention rates per product
- Data Analytics reports on various trends that will inform product restructure, new product features and cost control measures for existing products
- Monthly reporting on Loss ratio trends, claims cost drivers and recommendations with regards to product pricing and claims management
- Analysis of impact of underwriting policies and claims policies on product performance
- Quarterly computation of technical reserves per product line
- Update the risk champion on risks around products being developed
- Ensure accurate capturing of scheme’s benefits, premiums/discounts and cost controls in the system as per the recommendations made by the actuarial department
- Preparation of progress reports for Products
- Champion projects that involve the products in actuarial department
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bsc in Actuarial Science with IT and at least 3 professional exam pass.
- No prior work experience needed but previous work experience in an actuarial department will be an added advantage.
- Good excel and modelling skills
- Research skills and innovative
- Good communication skills(both written and oral communication)
- Enthusiastic about advancing in Actuarial profession.
If you believe you are a team player and would be a valuable resource to this ever growing brand, kindly visit our careers page on www.resolution.co.ke by Close of Business on Friday 27th January 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted