The Capital Markets Authority is a statutory agency charged with the responsibility of regulating and developing an efficient capital market in Kenya. The Authority invites applications for the following position:
The position is to support the Resource Centre objectives by performing administrative tasks associated with the implementation of the various initiatives being undertaken by the Resource Centre.
Reports to: Librarian
Contract Period: 3 months non renewable
Responsibilities for the Resource Centre Internship
- Assist with administrative tasks in the ongoing resource Centre portal by scanning, collating content for uploading to the portal.
- Assist with editorial review of the Resource Centre brochure and other publicity materials.
- Assist the Resource Centre in stock taking and updating of various records maintained in the Resource Centre.
- Assist in drafting letters to institutions and other organizations in the Resource Centre.
- Assist in the indexing and updating of periodical records held in the Resource Centre.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for the Resource Centre Internship
- Bachelor degree in Library and Information Management or related studies.
- Basic IT and knowledge of automated Library systems will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Sound understanding of Libraries and their operations
- Some experience in automated library systems
- Good report writing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to complete assignments within set timelines
- Ability to undertake multiple assignments
- Integrity and honesty
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Negotiation skills.
How to Apply
Please visit careers section on our website www.cma.or.ke and apply.Applications should be received on or before May 05, 2017.
Note: Please upload a CV and one-page Cover Letter only at this stage. No certificates or other testimonials will be required until interview stage. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. “Capital Markets Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.