Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Overview: The Resource Mobilization, Marketing & Communications Manager will play a key role in supporting CMMB Kenya to plan, develop (including writing), manage, direct and maintain the organization’s grant base and other resource platforms.
The Manager will assist the Country Director in publicizing CMMB Kenya initiatives and programs.
- Develop and implement a fully integrated fundraising & partnership resource mobilization and development strategy.
- Identify, respond and maintain grant opportunities and grant tracking matrix.
- Review, monitor and document donor funding policies and trends for Kenya.
- Lead resource mobilization capacity development planning and implementation for the country office.
- Identify and maintain consortia in preparation for upcoming and on-going opportunities.
- Ensure appropriate representation of the country office at strategic donor, partner, and government meetings that could lead to resource acquisition and collaboration.
- Prospect and coordinate opportunities for the Country Director to meet with donors.
- Serve as a member of CMMB Kenya Senior Management Team.
- Coordinate all marketing/communications and fund raising development activities in the country office while serving as the lead writer for communication and marketing content.
- Work in collaboration with the Marketing and Communications team to develop creative and effective print and electronic marketing /public awareness material that utilize personalized stories/ testimonials, program outcomes and engaging images.
- Support the Project teams to document success stories and briefs on innovation/best practices and project learning for CMMB website on CMMB’s impact to the society.
- Manage the coordination of the grant implementation process in collaboration with other CMMB teams, including the development of work plans, technical and management approaches, correspondence, budgets, contracts, agreements, reports and close-out at the country office level.
- Track, monitor, and ensure successful grant and contract management and fulfilment in accordance with donor requirements.
- Everything else that it takes to live out our mission and keep a good sense of humor.
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working with international non-profit organizations and have a master’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Communication, Journalism, Business Administration/Development, International relations or an associated field.
- You are familiar with global protocols and funding, and you demonstrate experience preparing, writing and managing grants and contracts.
- You are proficient in spreadsheets, networking and database management.
- You have current knowledge of development issues, donor trends and strategies, as well as programming policies and procedures in the NGOs and international development.
- You are creative and exhibit productivity in resource mobilization, marketing and communications.
- You are attentive to detail and have the ability to work well under pressure and cross-functionally.
- You have high integrity, professional discretion and ability to handle confidential matters.
- You believe in CMMB’s mission and vision and in creating healthier lives worldwide.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their CV, cover letter, copy of testimonials and three referees and daytime telephone to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We believe in a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all: We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than 100 years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children and their communities. We’re ready to make it 100 more.
We believe change starts with her: We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and poverty. We know that healthy, educated, and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated, and confident children, and that communities depend on their livelihoods. We’re making an impact – learn more.
We believe in people: We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence and respect every day. We provide our employees with a competitive salary and a meaningful benefits package, with opportunities to learn and grow. We especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Read more from our President & CEO below.
A message from Bruce Wilkinson, President and CEO of CMMB – Healthier Lives Worldwide:
As president of CMMB, I would like to thank you for your interest in joining with us on our journey to bring healthier lives to women, children and their families worldwide. CMMB has embarked on our second century of service to the most marginalized.
We are always looking to join hands with experienced professionals who want to add their energy to our work, and are so pleased you are considering CMMB as your potential employer.
The position of Resource Mobilization, Marketing & Communications Manager is critical to our mission and vision. I welcome your interest in joining a diverse, talented, professional and motivated team.