Our client an award winning renewable energy manufacturer and distributor of solar products ranging from solar lights, energy cooking stoves and other home appliances. It also offers energy services in small shops in the rural areas.
They now seek to hire an experienced procurement officer who will support in ensuring quality and timely procurement of goods and services in the most cost effective manner while adhering to laid down policies and procedures for the company.
Industry: Renewable Energy
Salary: 65k – 85k based on experience
Location: Nairobi with frequent travel around Kenya
Procurement Officer Job Responsibilities
- Analyse market and delivery systems to assess present and future product availability and advice the Retail Manager
- Consolidate and review replenishment orders from field team, review current stock so as to order for goods and services in a timely manner from suppliers.
- Interact with suppliers on a day to day basis negotiate for best market prices , payment period, deal with non-supplied , under orders, over orders, expired notice and damaged goods.
- Resolve any irregularities and non-compliance issues with suppliers and vendors concerning purchase orders, payments or any conditions of purchase.
- Receipt and correct verification of all requisitions.
- Preparing sales analysis statement and produce Local Purchase Order for goods to be purchased.
- Process purchase requisitions / orders as approved by Retail and Finance Manager
- Prepare and maintain purchasing records, reports and price lists.
- Liase with Retail and finance Manager for updated price lists and communicate to the team.
- Develop, manage and co-ordinate the procurement processes.
- To be in charge of the purchase of office equipment for the organization, contact suppliers, and research offers and quotations.
- Administer contract performance, including delivery, receipt, warranty, damages and insurance.
- Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, legislation, regulations, standards, and best practices
- Produce and maintain regular reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Receive invoices and verify against purchase orders and delivery notes ensure all stages of procurement check list have been completed before forwarding to Retail Manager.
- Ensure supplier reconciliation is done in accordance to procedure and follow up to ensure deadlines for payments to suppliers are met.
- Record management.
- Forecasting of stock levels to predict purchases for shops and ensure the warehouse is always stocked. Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine procurement needs, quality, and delivery requirements.
Qualifications for the Procurement Officer Job
- Diploma/Degree in procurement and Supply Chain management
- Over 3 years of experience in procurement
- Must be preferably from a retail set up like a supermarket, beauty shops, clothing stores etc
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and work on own initiative
- Skilled in purchasing and warehouse operations.
- Skilled in using computer and finance application software and Excellent IT skills.
- Contract & Supplier relationship management
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contracted in the course of work
- Knowledge of purchasing principles and practices.
- Knowledge of local laws, regulations and policies governing procurement.
- Ability to organize receipts, documents, and information from multiple sources.
- Ability to effectively write reports, maintain documentation, and complete required forms.
- Driving license will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Procurement Officer – Retail) to [email protected] before 25th April 2017.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted